Rattle Snake - So Proud Of My Sister

Calcoyote

FNG
I am 57 years old and my sister suddenly and unexpectedly became a widow after almost 40 years of a fabulous marriage to a law enforcement officer who served his community with honor for over 30 years. The last 4 years of have been a process of Joyce putting her life back together after Chuck passed.

Yesterday, Joyce was up on the mountain property that her and her husband had purchased to retire on. Suddenly there was a large rattle snake that appeared and started rattling and then slithered toward her. So, what does a widow do when a rattle snake slithers after her??? She drew her husband's 9mm from the holster on her hip that her husband had used for so many years. One hollow point was all it took. One well placed shot completely took the snake's head off!!!

You have heard the Hank Williams Jr song Country Boy Can Survive? Well, a country girl can survive too.

I am so proud of her.

Last edited:

netman

WKR
Awesome job Sis! As a former LEO tell her I’m sorry for her loss. It’s sad when you give the best years of your life to the job and don’t get to enjoy retirement.