Raven Air Bankruptcy

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Ravn Air is/now was, terrible to fly with and I'd avoid them at all costs. Sometimes that wasn't possible, now it looks like it won't be an issue. I can't count how many lost bags, late bags, missed flights, canceled flights, late departures, late arrivals, etc. that I've had flying with them.

Same exact experience here. I would do everything in my power to avoid Raven. I am not surprised by this news.

Floorguy

WKR
I flew in two RAVN flights that within months both crashed with fatalities in western Alaska.

In other news North Slope Borough has commandeered all of RAVN's assets on the slope to continue service to the area. Its getting spicy up here.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Going back 20 years or so I learned there is a federal regulation guns fly. If you check a gun, they can bump your other bags, not the gun case. Penn Air (When Air) was so bad with bags I bought a couple of the cheapest revolvers I could find. In one case the locking pistol case was worth more. Just declare it stick it back in your duffel. I don’t think it works if you’re trying to bring six bags, but one or two, guarantees, well almost, your bags will make it.

true story. We were flying back from anchorage to our village and I had a Glock, 500 rounds of ammo, 5 bottles of beer (legal in my village), some food, and marmot 800 down jacket and some other clothes. Get to the village and offload, and my red back pack is nowhere to be found. They put my tag on someone else’s bag and she obviously got mine. Took over a week to track my bag down. It was sent to a dry village. When the finally got ahold of the lady, she whispered: there is a gun in the bag.
agent replied: we know. That’s why we are trying to get it back.
Bag arrived and only thing missing was the beer and food.

NUGGET

WKR
Ravn Air is/now was, terrible to fly with and I'd avoid them at all costs. Sometimes that wasn't possible, now it looks like it won't be an issue. I can't count how many lost bags, late bags, missed flights, canceled flights, late departures, late arrivals, etc. that I've had flying with them.
Same exact experience here. I would do everything in my power to avoid Raven. I am not surprised by this news.

Same. Good riddance. They are terrible. From the top to the bottom. I don’t think anyone that hates them is questioning the bush factor, we all know flights get delayed or cancelled. It’s how they handle it that matters and all the other shit one has to deal with regarding them.

A reality show following the clowns at Ravn would of been pure gold. They are the tiger king of the aviation world.

Having spent 6 years where my only option was Ravn and then PenAir then ravn, I had good experiences with Ravn. Rarely was I stranded. Only one bag issue, but with PenAir in a hub (Alaska only provided summer service), it was frequent. Prices were more expensive than with Ravn and there was no rewards program like with Ravn.
Bush service is lacking in customer service but the Ravn folks I dealt with out of Aniak were amazing people.

Yeup, Ravn experience for me has been regional. I actually had a hard time with Aniak about a year ago. And there are plenty of hubs with that experience! Bethel, Kaktovik, and Kotz people have all been great to me. I even spent a night at the pilot house in Kotz after a hunt - we had a fricken blast!

As far as fatal crashes, I’ve been on several planes that had fatal crashes weeks later. Spernak, Yute, Taquan, Grant. Again, Ravn is guilty just like everyone else in insufficient service to bush AK.

While traveling for work or hunting in Alaska, I haven’t checked a bag (other than firearms) for a few years. Everything gets shipped except a carry on with really spendy stuff (optics) and then a checked weapon case if applicable. That’s the same if I’m flying Ravn to somewhere super remote or AK Air to somewhere like Kodiak or Bethel.

Htm84

WKR
can't say that I had pleasant experience with Ravn, however it was not that expensive and generally speaking ok. I'm interested in the reason why they had bankrupted... Any versions?

they were in poor financial shape prior to corona virus. Then people stopped flying. Dunleavy put an order out stopping non essential travel to the places ravn flew.

There is a group trying to put a deal together to purchase Raven/Penn air. Critical for the communities off the road system. Apparently critical closing requirements include deal is complete and ready to go June 2.