RavnAir flying to small villages this 2020 moose season

DLG is somewhat of a hub, but the difference between places like BET, Nome, and Kotz is that AK Air has historically stopped flying to DLG Sept 1. Its a larger village, but not much goes through it. Most of the regional villages that direction are either close enough to Anchorage that it’s cheaper to service them directly or they are closer to Bethel or Dutch. I would guess that as of now, AK Air is just going by what they’ve always done and will add flights after Sept 1 if they see enough demand. There should be. Penn Air usually runs a couple flights a day in the offseason and everyone I’ve been on has been full (maybe 30 people).

Fairly certain Grant is still flying into DLG. You may have to go to somewhere like BET or King Salmon first (AK Air historically cuts off King Salmon Sept 1 too) unless they added more options out of Anchorage in the absence of Ravn. Bering was flying into DLG for a while too and would be worth contacting.

I think that your original flight was Penn Air operated by Ravn (Ravn bought them last year). That’s how Ravn/PennAir were operating it the last couple times I was in Bristol Bay. In which case, F that noise. Make sure you ship EVERYTHING but your gun and carryon if they do resume operations.

I doubt that Alaska Air will add flights to villages as they are not as profitable as adding flights to big cities.
Alaska Air revenue is down 80% from last year and they are projecting laying off up to 3,000 employees.

OP
Robinhood21
I doubt that Alaska Air will add flights to villages as they are not as profitable as adding flights to big cities.
Alaska Air revenue is down 80% from last year and they are projecting laying off up to 3,000 employees.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that Alaskan Airlines is who’s picking up the slack for Ravn right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Robinhood21
What village? Maybe there's an alternate way there, perhaps through Iliamna, Aniak, etc...

Ive spoke with somebody at alaska airlines since then and they actually knew what they were talking about. She basically told me that by the end of this month they should have a fall schedule figured out.

Last edited:

AKBorn

WKR
Good news!

So are you good to go for flights to DLG in September?

Wonder if the Muddy Rudder is still operating? It's been many a year since I passed through Dilllingham...