razco/glock 20?

anyone use the razco holster (bino harness version) with a glock 20? i'm wondering if i should buy a holster for my glock, or buy another smaller pistol and a razco?

i'm on the fence whether the glock 20 will be too heavy on the bino harness.... i think it will be alright, but would like to hear from others who may have this setup, or tried it and not liked it.

i was planning on getting a p365 for that purpose, but i like the glock 20 for my woods carry gun

JohnnyB

WKR
I use the Razco for my Glock 20 plus weapon mounted light. Excellent product and great customer service. The weight does not bother me but I do have the padded straps on my FHF bino harness. Not sure how much difference that makes though.

OP
roosiebull
I use the Razco for my Glock 20 plus weapon mounted light. Excellent product and great customer service. The weight does not bother me but I do have the padded straps on my FHF bino harness. Not sure how much difference that makes though.
i appreciate it! i don't think it will bother me either, i tucked it into my bino harness and it seems fine, but wanted some second opinions....

thanks

JohnnyB

WKR
I had been using Kenai Chest Holster behind the bino harness but the Razco is more comfortable with the benefit of one less layer of straps.

I highly recommend getting a light to mount under the G20. You will have to decide that before getting the holster. The extra few ounces makes the heavy 10mm loads more controllable and I am generally covering more ground in the dark anyway. If I need the Glock I will probably need a light source too.

Good luck with it!

VASolocam

FNG
I have the razco that I run with my G20 under my AGC harness, I used that setup for 2 years but found that I did not like that much weight on my neck all day. I eventually switched back to carrying on my hip belt. I think the weight of a can of bear spray is almost unnoticeable on my bino harness but the G20 was too much for me. You could always try just adding a weight to the bino harness and see wha you think. The G20 is about 42 oz with 15 rounds of Buffalo bore outdoorsman. The holster is about 8 oz.

bat-cave

WKR
Maybe I'm a wuss, but I don't even like carrying My G20 on my hip as it's a tank! I bought a Razco and then went back to hop carry as I hate having so much crap & weight on my chest all day and layering becomes a real chore. Maybe if I was pack free, but given I always have a pack or can move my sidearm to my belt from my pack with a Safariland adapter ... Also, I live in CO ... I might reconsider if I was in AK! :)

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
anyone use the razco holster (bino harness version) with a glock 20? i'm wondering if i should buy a holster for my glock, or buy another smaller pistol and a razco?

i'm on the fence whether the glock 20 will be too heavy on the bino harness.... i think it will be alright, but would like to hear from others who may have this setup, or tried it and not liked it.

i was planning on getting a p365 for that purpose, but i like the glock 20 for my woods carry gun

I use the Razco holster with my Glock 20 under my Marsupial harness without issue. I even removed the extra straps and just let it hang. It's a great setup for archery bear hunting.

OP
roosiebull
I use the Razco holster with my Glock 20 under my Marsupial harness without issue. I even removed the extra straps and just let it hang. It's a great setup for archery bear hunting.
excellent, appreciate the feedback! that's the route i'll go, and i'll spend the money elsewhere. thanks guys.

i didn't really consider it until tucking the pistol into my bino harness and feeling the weight didn't seem like a thing, i just think it's a better way to carry a pistol vs on my pack's waist belt. in place of the sig, i guess i'll finally get around to trying a duplex lite, spring bear is gear testing season.

OP
roosiebull
ordered the stone glacier bino harness (i think will likely replace my outdoor vision) the razco, and a duplex lite/reckoning.... a new pack to test seems like a better use of money than shaving a few ounces off of my pistol.

OP
roosiebull
So I have some time wearing this setup now, probably have logged about 100 miles wearing this combo (stone glacier harness/razco/glock 20) and I like it a lot.

I don’t love the stone glacier harness, especially for this purpose, but the razco on a different harness will be perfect.

the harness has a very light harness (on your back where all of the webbing attaches) that super light duty harness makes you really feel the weight, even with just binos. I also despise how the shoulder straps attach to the harness at the top of the binos, it’s a little clip that limits how high you can get your binos up, and if you jump off a log or something, they have a tendency to just pull through... basically, I like the part that actually holds the binos, and I like the tether, and don’t like the rest.
I’m a little disappointed in the harness, I thought it was going to be “the one”

I heard Aron say they were considering building a harness on his podcast, so I will wait awhile until buying something else, this setup will be good enough through turkey and spring bear... if nothing happens by mid summer, I will get a marsupial or FHF, but I’m hoping for a kifaru, because I think they will have a good design.

I may actually have webbing loops sewn onto my outdoor vision for now to make it compatible with the holster

like the razco a lot, good concept and works well

OP
roosiebull
The extra straps don’t seem to really do much besides making it harder to put on and take off... I think I will do that as well

rodney482

WKR
60 miles of backcountry hunting w the razco and Glock 20.
I did notice a little extra neck strain but still preferred it over hip carry. 9DFF49EE-7A41-43CF-BD08-E6AD4F0036BF.jpeg

I carry a g20 in my razco on an FHF and like it because I can get it cinched up high enough to be comfortable. Tried it on an AGC and it sagged so much i couldn't stand it. Mine has a light on it and weighs a little more for what it's worth.

mcseal2

WKR
I tried the Razco that attaches to my FHF harness. I ended up prefering the separate Razco chest holster. Big fan of Razco, just like having the two separate.

Outside of grizzly country I still carry a lighter 357 on my hip when I carry a handgun. Grizzly country having a light attached to the gun becomes a bigger priority to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
I tried the Razco that attaches to my FHF harness. I ended up prefering the separate Razco chest holster. Big fan of Razco, just like having the two separate.

Outside of grizzly country I still carry a lighter 357 on my hip when I carry a handgun. Grizzly country having a light attached to the gun becomes a bigger priority to me.

I attach my TLR-1 light to my Glock 20 when I crawl in my tent.

mcseal2

WKR
I keep mine on full time. I’m apparently a glutton for punishment, I carry a Sig 220 with one a lot anymore. I shoot it better than the Glock and it feeds/shoots hardcast great. Heavy sucker though!