Razco holster covered with Cordura

Tower

FNG
I decided my Razco kydex holster was a little too noisy when something brushed against it. So I started looking around and found a Croatian company called Gearskin. The rest of the ordering story is below, but here are the pics. Installation was pretty straightforward but slow. I debated just wrapping the front and just continuing around the top and back as far as I could reach. Ultimately I decided to remove all the hardware and wrap the whole thing, plus also do the attachment plate. This is super sticky stuff but easily repositioned during the installation. The hardest part was getting it around the retention screw and the muzzle area just due to the curvature. Everything else was pretty flat so it went on quickly. Trimmed the big excess with scissors and used a scalpel for the finish trimming. Started out using a new utility blade but that wasn’t sharp enough.

I’m very happy with the results. It definitely put a big damper on the kydex noise and I think it looks great too.

605EE9D1-8155-49B5-857F-89606E1A4A42.jpegA3BFE8F8-7F9C-4AB0-B761-8D096C9B00EA.jpegC29AA3F6-16FD-44FE-BDAA-74F8ED7411C9.jpeg24E9371D-9837-45DB-8C51-C185490244FB.jpeg88AE7D96-EEA7-4A72-ADC7-26B7939683AA.jpeg

They have a ton of camo and solid options but I decided on the V-Camo which is similar to the official Multi-cam, which they were out of stock of at the time.

My order came in two weeks after placing it, which wasn’t a big deal. When I started to peel the fabric off of the backer, the paper started to tear. The fabric adhesive wouldn’t separate from the paper backer. I tried all 4 corners and even from the side but nothing worked. I emailed the company and sent pictures. They responded quickly with an acknowledgement that there had been an issue with some product runs. They sent out a larger sheet of the same camo at no charge. It came in about two weeks also, and I didn’t have any problems at all with it.

Not terribly cheap for what it is, I think the first order was $25 for a 12” square piece. Overall a great product with lots of potential uses.

I may get some stick on moleskin for the high points on mine.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk