Razco vs Kenai chest holster?

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to figure out which might serve me best. Anyone used both? Seems like a pro of the new Razco is that you can use it with your bino harness (I have an AGC harness) or standalone. But the Kenai holster looks like it would be a better fit for non-hunting activities but you’d have to wear it under the bino harness for hunting.

Beckjhong

WKR
I lost a pistol out of the razco due to poor retention. Pretty heavy use over 2 years, but I expected more. I don’t recommend it. Check out Hosking Holsters as an alternative to the Kenai.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second the Hosking, I run a glock 40 mos with red dot and Streamlight TLR. It fits under my bino chest harness no issues. Quality made no problems with it at all.

I’ll third the negative comments on the Razco. I ran mine under my AGC harness and the dang thing hangs down so low it’s in the way of your backpack waist belt and it’s impossible to sit and glass comfortably without having to pick it up and flop it down on your lap. I haven't used it since.

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
So consensus is that the Razco is no good. How do the others fit under a chest harness?

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
I wear my kenai under my bino harness and can draw efficiently without snags. I hunt in grizzly infested country when I draw a particular tag and it’s very nice to be able to take the binos off and keep the gun on when field dressing. It was the primary reason I got the kenai, so I never made the mistake of leaving it attached to my pack and not on my person at all times. Much more insurance that way. additionally, the detent is perfect and the gun is never coming out unless pulled.
That's good to hear, just got a Kenai this week with intentions of using it just like you said! Thanks for reassurance!

FWIW I’ve been very pleased with my Razco. I’m not home right now but I believe there is a tension screw that can be adjusted to increase the level 1 retention.

Those of you who had your pistols fall out possibly had this adjusted too loose, or never readjusted it once the holster started to break in?

Cowbell

WKR
I wear my kenai under my bino harness and can draw efficiently without snags. I hunt in grizzly infested country when I draw a particular tag and it’s very nice to be able to take the binos off and keep the gun on when field dressing. It was the primary reason I got the kenai, so I never made the mistake of leaving it attached to my pack and not on my person at all times. Much more insurance that way. additionally, the detent is perfect and the gun is never coming out unless pulled.
This is exactly what I do as well. Fits perfect for me and forget it's even there. Love the kenai

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
So consensus is that the Razco is no good. How do the others fit under a chest harness?
I have been very pleased with my Razco for the last three years hanging off a Marsupial Gear harness. Doesn’t get in the way of my pack and no issues drawing a bow.

Only negative I had was a screw backing out, but I contacted the owner and he sent me replacement hardware and a bottle of blue loctite. I would buy the same if I lost it tomorrow.

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the Kenai for three years of hunting/fishing and it is great. Another added perk of the Kenai over the Razco is you can wear it and draw effectively while wearing under your waders. I carry a Glock 20 with a Surefire X300u.

cwparry44

FNG
Razco is convenient but I ran into it pinching my stomach skin when wearing a pack with a hip belt. The bottom of the holster and top of your backpacks hip support make crab claws when you bend over (I’m a skinny guy).

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies. I’m probably going to end up with a Kenai or something similar. Does anyone have any photos of the fit with a chest harness?

4BarN

FNG
If anyone is looking for a Kenai that fits a 1911 5 inch, I have a new, never used one for sale. I’ll try to get it in the classifieds today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR

Has anyone tried this version from Razco, seems like all the comments are reguarding the bino harness attachment panel.
Or does anyone know of this harness type of straps available anywhere else as I already have a holster that will work.

Has anyone tried this version from Razco, seems like all the comments are reguarding the bino harness attachment panel.
Or does anyone know of this harness type of straps available anywhere else as I already have a holster that will work.
Is this what you're looking for?

wnelson14

WKR
Is this what you're looking for?
Yes and no, thanks for sharing

Pgohil

WKR
I've had my Kenai for a year now. Carry my 329PD under my bino harness. The fit is good, retention is excellent. Only complaint I have is the noise from anything they rubs The plastic buckles and of course the holster it's self. But otherwise a damn fine, comfortable holster.