Razor AMG vs. Swaro X5

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had a chance to run them side by side? I know glass is subjective but I'll take all opinions. I'm looking for repeatability, durability and real use information. I know this is a FFP vs SFP comparison but these are what I'm looking at now. Thank you

I had an X5 in the shop not to long ago. Damn nice scope.... didn't like the limited magnification range nor the SFP aspect of such an expensive scope. I did however love the click feel, revolution indicator, and quality of glass. I just like more than an 18x power scope on my rifles. Haven't gotten to run an AMG yet but hope to in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
I have a X5 and it's pretty dang impressive as far as clarity, repeatability etc. never sat behind a AMG - partly because they are near impossible to find for some reason. In my opinion (take it for what it's worth) X5 is meant to be hunted with and the AMG satisfies the bench/tacticool crowd

Depending on what your intended use for it is, might sway a decision one way or the other..

Good luck

Seems like a SFP vs FFP choice to me. X5 has slightly better mag range options. I'd prefer the lower Profile of the AMG turrets to the monstrosities they put on the Swaro. I've had a couple AMGs but flipped them for a profit because I'm happy with LRHS on the light gun and Kahles 624i on the heavy gun.

WRO

WKR
I had an X5 in the shop not to long ago. Damn nice scope.... didn't like the limited magnification range nor the SFP aspect of such an expensive scope. I did however love the click feel, revolution indicator, and quality of glass. I just like more than an 18x power scope on my rifles. Haven't gotten to run an AMG yet but hope to in the near future.

They make a 5x25 in the x5 as well.

I've literally killed from 20 yards to 1209 with my 3.5x18 x5.

They make a 5x25 in the x5 as well.

I've literally killed from 20 yards to 1209 with my 3.5x18 x5.

The one I had in shop was the 18x. 25x would be sweet! But that's still a lot of $ for a SFP. Doesn't matter anyways, not like I can afford either

Mike

OP
B

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone, so far it seems everyone likes the X5 best. I am leaning towards the AMG because of the locking turrets. I need to get a look through the AMG first though.

bradb

WKR
I hunted with my AMG worked perfect for hunting. I see no way that you could not say its not meant for hunting if you are wanting a FFP scope for hunting. Don't think you can go wrong with either, both are good scopes and probably comes down to nit picking a few features you want and availability.

Thanks everyone, so far it seems everyone likes the X5 best. I am leaning towards the AMG because of the locking turrets. I need to get a look through the AMG first though.

If you want to order an X5, let me know. I have a dealer account with Swaro. PM me for a price

Mike

OP
B

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
Ok thank you Mike, if I go that route I'll definitely get a hold of you. I'd really like to get a look at an AMG but that is a longshot

Scottyboy

WKR
I hunted with my AMG worked perfect for hunting. I see no way that you could not say its not meant for hunting if you are wanting a FFP scope for hunting. Don't think you can go wrong with either, both are good scopes and probably comes down to nit picking a few features you want and availability.

yea i should have clarified my point and not insinuate the AMG as being a "non hunting" scope, your right it just comes down to features and availability. to this day, i havent heard why the AMG is near impossible to find - - after being a real product for what, almost 2 years now?

at any rate, it sounds like a top notch scope, which i am sure that it is....just not my cup-o-tea for what i, personally, need in a scope...especially when put up against the X5

OP
B

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
I got to look at an X5 today along side a Vortex Gen ii 4.5-27 and a 4-16x50 ATACR . All 3 are damn nice scopes. It was a bright sunny day today so I couldn't really test the glass but my initial thought is the X5 is the best of the bunch. For hunting I'd go with the X5 with the 4w reticle. The ATACR had the mil reticle and was close but the Swaro was better. Better eyebox as well.

I'd still like to see an AMG but it seems the X5 has it.