Razor HD 10x42 reviews, worth it?

Jgent15

FNG
Agree with HuntNtag, good advice. Most here have either owned or used many different binoculars over many years of hunting and developed our own preferences. Unfortunately we sometimes forget the perspective of someone new to hunting optics.

The most important consideration for binoculars is intend use. If it is a DIY unguided Elk Hunt where you’all will be using tripods or spending hours scouring terrain, then the best quality optics one can afford are a must, and size/weight are less of an issue. That‘s different from constantly carrying them and occasionally looking at a bull at several hundred yards to see if he’s a shooter. So, it‘s a compromise of power, size, weight, optics, features and price. One thing is for certain, when better quality optics are purchased, the buyer is much more likely to use them. Have seen too many times where guys buy a lesser glass their not satisfied with and they end up staying in camp or in the truck.

My primary recommendation is, if spending $700+ on binoculars, make sure you are thrilled with them. That way you’re likely to use them much more than if you’re not. To do this, handle and look through as many quality binoculars as possible to get a sense features and optics that you like vs those you don’t. Cabelas, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Birding Centers, are great places to compare — as well as borrowing a hunting buddy’s pair.

Many fine recommendations already posted here. In your situation, in the $700-1k range, I’d stay with established brands with good warranties, that are more likely to still be in business 10 years from now. Such as:

- Leica Trinovid 10x42
- Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42
- Meopta Meostar 10x42
- Kowa Genesis 10.5x44
- Vortex Razor 10x42 (since you’re already looking at it)

This is great info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk