Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
How good is this scope in low light, 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset (or as my brother calls it prime-time-hunting time) I had an Atacr and got rid of it because it didn't perform well in low light.

Also for you guys that have had one for a while does it hold and track after time?
It provides plenty of light in low light conditions. With that said, it provides plenty of light to push you into the non-hunting illegal times of day to be honest. Be sure to watch your watch for legal shooting light times! 😉

After extensive use on the range and numerous hunts where I dialed long ranges multiple times, the tracking remains spot on.

5RWill

FNG
Where is the glass made on this one? I know Vortex has officially discontinued the AMG series now.
When was this announced? I heard there was a new AMG on the horizon not that they got rid of it.. that is very disappointing if so.

KHNC

WKR
When was this announced? I heard there was a new AMG on the horizon not that they got rid of it.. that is very disappointing if so.
Dont know if it was announced publicly yet, but I have been an insider with Vortex for 5 years. I was sent an email for 2022 updates at the first of January. That is "insider" not "influencer" LOL.

5RWill

FNG
Dont know if it was announced publicly yet, but I have been an insider with Vortex for 5 years. I was sent an email for 2022 updates at the first of January. That is "insider" not "influencer" LOL.
Jeez that sucks, surely something new is coming? I hope the LHT isn't just going to replace the AMG. I love and I mean love my AMG. Would love to see a 4-20 ultra-short. Hell even a 4-16 if they want to stick with the 4x erector.

It provides plenty of light in low light conditions. With that said, it provides plenty of light to push you into the non-hunting illegal times of day to be honest. Be sure to watch your watch for legal shooting light times! 😉

After extensive use on the range and numerous hunts where I dialed long ranges multiple times, the tracking remains spot on.
Thanks for the information. I have one on the way, hope it lives up the hype.

KHNC

WKR
Jeez that sucks, surely something new is coming? I hope the LHT isn't just going to replace the AMG. I love and I mean love my AMG. Would love to see a 4-20 ultra-short. Hell even a 4-16 if they want to stick with the 4x erector.
There is not any talk of something American Made to replace the Amg as of yet. I think the Gen III Razor's are supposed to fill the void. I have not tried a Gen III as of yet. Waiting on my LHT to arrive, as well as my XLR chassis. I am planning to use my R700 7-08 for the new setup.

5RWill

FNG
There is not any talk of something American Made to replace the Amg as of yet. I think the Gen III Razor's are supposed to fill the void. I have not tried a Gen III as of yet. Waiting on my LHT to arrive, as well as my XLR chassis. I am planning to use my R700 7-08 for the new setup.
I picked up a Gen III when they were announced and it is unequivocally the best glass Vortex has ever produced. Also picked up the new LHT shortly after it announced and it's very impressive for the money. Fills a niche I've wanted for some time. I think the turrets on both could be better for the money TBH. I'm not a fan of my Gen III turrets.

The thing is the Gen III is 43oz so I'm not sure how they think it's going to fill the roll of a 28oz crossover.

Took out the Gen III for a couple of hours next to the ZP5 this past weekend and it didn't disappoint. It's as alpha/tier 1 as everyone is claiming. I was pretty shocked TBH. Did get a chance to get it next to the Old Gen II though wish I had them all mounted. Extremely noticeable upgrade comparably speaking to the the Gen II. Didn't have the LHT out there.
A2AA5334-0C95-4BEC-95F1-F5439A986469.jpeg

KHNC

WKR
I picked up a Gen III when they were announced and it is unequivocally the best glass Vortex has ever produced. Also picked up the new LHT shortly after it announced and it's very impressive for the money. Fills a niche I've wanted for some time. I think the turrets on both could be better for the money TBH. I'm not a fan of my Gen III turrets.

The thing is the Gen III is 43oz so I'm not sure how they think it's going to fill the roll of a 28oz crossover.

Took out the Gen III for a couple of hours next to the ZP5 this past weekend and it didn't disappoint. It's as alpha/tier 1 as everyone is claiming. I was pretty shocked TBH. Did get a chance to get it next to the Old Gen II though wish I had them all mounted. Extremely noticeable upgrade comparably speaking to the the Gen II. Didn't have the LHT out there.
View attachment 381397
yes, quite the weight difference. I was referring to the quality more than the weight, but that is a very valid point for sure. You have some sweet setups!

5RWill

FNG
yes, quite the weight difference. I was referring to the quality more than the weight, but that is a very valid point for sure. You have some sweet setups!
Thank you sir. Never thought it would be populated by vortex so much ha.