Razor LHT 42 or 50 MM Bell?

BCD

WKR
I'm going to be purchasing this scope for hunting and was surprised that the bigger version added so little weight. Are there advantages/disadvantages to the bigger objective bell other than light gathering capability?

Thank You!

sram9102

WKR
Have to mount the scope higher on the gun with the bigger bell, with an adjustable cheek piece or similar it isn't an issue but can be with most factory stocks.

I think it mostly comes down to the reticle of choice. I prefer the reticle in the smallet scope and I am willing to forgive 6mm of objective to get it. Its only a quarter inch.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Eurooptic offers the same reticles as the 42mm in the 50mm in their website. Also according to vortex website it didn’t appear the FOV was greater on the 50 (seems weird) but I could have read it wrong.

Might be something with my eyes, but 50mm+ bells and 30mm tubes agree with my eyes very much.

On the other hand, some smaller bells and 1 inch tubes give me a headache and turn my stomach after looking through them for just a few seconds.

Having said that, I have a 2-10x40 LH Razor, and recently got the 3-15x50 LHT Razor MRAD HSR5i and both are great to look through.

I just got the 50mm with the MOA HSR-5i reticle from Euro Optic.

The 50mm was $200 cheaper and I put it on an AR-15 so I had plenty of clearance.

If clearance isn’t an issue and you like money, they are $799 on Euro Optic for the good reticle in your choice of MOA or Mils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
It truly is personal preference. From a performance standpoint, the only benefit of going up to the 50 mm objective is going to be a slightly larger exit pupil size while at the higher magnifications. Also, keep in mind that the 50 mm objective only comes with a MRAD reticle choice where the 42 mm comes in either MRAD or MOA.

I'm currently rocking the 42 mm as oz are important to me and while it is only 1.4 oz lighter, they all add up at the end!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Field of view will be one of the greater advantages.
This is a common misconception. Field of view is the same for both the 42 and 50 mm objectives.

As others have mentioned, exit pupil and light gathering is the advantage of the 50 whereas the 42 will be lighter and able to mount lower.

I have the 3-15x42 in the older Razor LH and it's one of my favorite scopes.

This is a common misconception. Field of view is the same for both the 42 and 50 mm objectives.

As others have mentioned, exit pupil and light gathering is the advantage of the 50 whereas the 42 will be lighter and able to mount lower.

I have the 3-15x42 in the older Razor LH and it's one of my favorite scopes.
Just looked that up and your correct. Will be more careful before I post my internet opinion next time.

It truly is personal preference. From a performance standpoint, the only benefit of going up to the 50 mm objective is going to be a slightly larger exit pupil size while at the higher magnifications. Also, keep in mind that the 50 mm objective only comes with a MRAD reticle choice where the 42 mm comes in either MRAD or MOA.

I'm currently rocking the 42 mm as oz are important to me and while it is only 1.4 oz lighter, they all add up at the end!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Euro Optic has the 50mm in both MOA and Mrad in the HDR-5i reticle. The bottom 2 in the pic below

Also best price I’ve seen

ea24db52dd7cb7056b8d5bb37a40efff.jpg

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Euro Optic has the 50mm in both MOA and Mrad in the HDR-5i reticle. The bottom 2 in the pic below

Also best price I’ve seen

ea24db52dd7cb7056b8d5bb37a40efff.jpg

We did a small limited run for select dealers offering it in MOA. Once those are gone it will be only available in MRAD which is why they are discounted.