Razor UHD vs. Maven B.2 Test in Wasatch County

Buck197

WKR
Racine. I’ll have the Maven’s on Monday. Happy to let anyone have a look see who is close enough they want to swing by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure may take you up on that as it warms up, if I may, im near Lake Geneva, worth the drive before an investment for me you know. And thank you very. much.

OP, I live over in Sandy and have the maven b2 9x45.

I'm really tight on time right now and don't think I'll make it over there soon, but you can definitely swing by my place in Sandy to check them out.

I wouldn't trade them for anything. Except maybe some swaros. And if you wait long enough, you may find some used ones at a nice discount. I got mine for about 700

Buck197

WKR
OP, I live over in Sandy and have the maven b2 9x45.

I'm really tight on time right now and don't think I'll make it over there soon, but you can definitely swing by my place in Sandy to check them out.

I wouldn't trade them for anything. Except maybe some swaros. And if you wait long enough, you may find some used ones at a nice discount. I got mine for about 700
oh man thanks, id never ask you to drive for me to peak. That's a good deal, and im a fan of 8x42, so perfect size. Just making that sort of investment, it's sure better to be able to look, and not just at items in a store you know.
I appreciate it, itll be a little bit, just started working horses this week getting them ready to haul, and going back to the railroad after being off for surgery for an offduty Injury, so but yeah, I would definitely appreciate it, and heck I'd buy you lunch, or give yall money to go eat lunch on in appreciation, and sure glad to do it to just look thru them five minutes or so.

oh man thanks, id never ask you to drive for me to peak. That's a good deal, and im a fan of 8x42, so perfect size. Just making that sort of investment, it's sure better to be able to look, and not just at items in a store you know.
I appreciate it, itll be a little bit, just started working horses this week getting them ready to haul, and going back to the railroad after being off for surgery for an offduty Injury, so but yeah, I would definitely appreciate it, and heck I'd buy you lunch, or give yall money to go eat lunch on in appreciation, and sure glad to do it to just look thru them five minutes or so.
Hell I'll let you borrow them for a bit and deliver if you teach me to horse pack haha.

Just kidding. I'd probably let ya borrow them though.

Hang on, you're not the OP. Are you in Wisconsin? I'm in Utah

Buck197

WKR
Hell I'll let you borrow them for a bit and deliver if you teach me to horse pack haha.

Just kidding. I'd probably let ya borrow them though.
I've never packed, but ive been on a horse most of my life, im kind of Considering it. I do have performance horses though, more than welcome, and I'd never ask to borrow, lordy haha, with my luck I'd trip like a clutz...thats just my luck hahaha. We do have a small ranch right on the Illinois, Wisconsin line, more than welcome. I lived in Colorado, but haven't been back west in a while hunting, muleys and elk are my passion, and fixing to start headed back to hunt, so regearing.

cdowns

FNG
Pretty sure this is incorrect. That said, I do believe that the Sig Zulu 9 is the same optics at the Maven B2 but with different armoring. Sig is made in Japan with Japanese components. Maven is using the Japanese components but are actually assembled in the US. The repair facility is in California, but not sure whether that is where they are assembled or not.

Is the new Vortex Razor UHD built in Japan? If so, that is definitely a good thing. I know many complained when the "then excellent" Viper was moved from Japan to China, the QC went downhill significantly.

I haven't looked through the UHD, but it sounds really good. I did compare the Razor HD to the B2 and it was a lot closer than I thought it would be. Maven still beat the Razor, but I really liked the view from that Razor HD.
The Razor HD is assembled in China using Japanese components. The Razor UHD is made in Japan using Japanese components. According to Vortex, the move to assembling the Razor HD in China was a decision made by the Japanese company themselves and not Vortex.