RBG dead at 87!

idig4au

WKR
In February of 2016 Barack did not meet the definition of a lame duck president. Ignoring truth to rewriting history represents a lack of integrity.

I would prefer Trump make an appointment now. However, I found the GOPs disrespect for the Constitution disgusting in 2016 and I find Mitch's lack of consistency and integrity disturbing today.

In 2016 the Senate had a right not to confirm a nominee, but no right to refuse to even consider the individual's merits before they are nominated as Mitch stated they would only hours after Scalia's death on the grounds that "the people should decide" in an election that was still nine months away.

RIP RBG. Sad she passed, especially at the time she did. Glad to have her out of SCOTUS though.

Integrity and consistency in DC politics don’t belong in the same sentence.

By 2016 Obama was indeed a lame duck president with little lasting accomplishment from his tenure. All he left was more division among the people and a stagnate economy.

i have no sympathy for the Dems who if you recalled rammed Obamacare down the throats of American people without bipartisan support.

The only hope of the Americans Dream to continue is getting another conservative justice on the court so our constitution and principles are protected for a few more years. Otherwise we will be living the nightmare of the progressive left.

EastMT

WKR
I was just reading an article by a left winger, as the number of justices SCOTUS is not constitutional. There were as many as 13 in the 1880’s. This liberal is encouraging the left to stack the court by increasing the number of justices back to 13 if Trump pushes a nomination through. So they would be able to pick 4 more, basically creating a national version of the 9th Circus.

The other problem is if there are 8, and the election is contested/uncertain, ends in a tie, we could have lots of problems, more unrest.

I keep hearing about a potential 4-4 tie, but there's 5 conservative justices on the court. Has everyone completely given up on John Roberts being conservative now?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
They should.

I stand by the validity of everything in my post that you quoted. As you uphold the idea that integrity does not belong in DC politics I see no way to have a constructive conversation.

neither party show consistency.... true story

BFR

WKR
Regardless, I agreed with nothing she did. She was a patriot that stuck to her values. I’m a huge fan of that quality. I need not agree with someone to accept she was an American Icon. God Speed RBG.
Now my personal opinion. Replace her ASAP with someone who thinks more like me.

Same here.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I
I keep hearing about a potential 4-4 tie, but there's 5 conservative justices on the court. Has everyone completely given up on John Roberts being conservative now?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
If a decision goes to the USSC and its a 4-4 tie then the case reverts to the decision made by the lower court. Roberts has proven in his decisions that when it comes to anything related to Trump he leans left.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I

If a decision goes to the USSC and its a 4-4 tie then the case reverts to the decision made by the lower court. Roberts has proven in his decisions that when it comes to anything related to Trump he leans left.

yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idig4au

WKR
They should.

I stand by the validity of everything in my post that you quoted. As you uphold the idea that integrity does not belong in DC politics I see no way to have a constructive conversation.

Yes absolutely integrity should exist. I was stating the fact that integrity in DC politics no longer exists. It’s a travesty and will ultimately lead to destruction of our country from within.

Would be interested to constructively hear your opinion as to why Obama was not a lame duck president by 2016. I believe his track record and policies speak for themselves in terms of long term betterment or lack thereof for the country.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
In February of 2016 Barack did not meet the definition of a lame duck president. Ignoring truth to rewriting history represents a lack of integrity.

I would prefer Trump make an appointment now. However, I found the GOPs disrespect for the Constitution disgusting in 2016 and I find Mitch's lack of consistency and integrity disturbing today.

In 2016 the Senate had a right not to confirm a nominee, but no right to refuse to even consider the individual's merits before they are nominated as Mitch stated they would only hours after Scalia's death on the grounds that "the people should decide" in an election that was still nine months away.

RIP RBG. Sad she passed, especially at the time she did. Glad to have her out of SCOTUS though.

Pretty thorough article on this type of situation