This thread needs a little humor.

Edit: Just incase someone wasn't aware, the Babylon Bee is satire

Here's another good one.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Here's another good one.

“Of course it’s a girl! It’s a girl!” Trump said as he made an hourglass curve gesture with his hands. “Tremendous. Thank you very much!”

Hahaha!

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s my take:

-We all expected RBG to die or retire during Trump presidency so everyone should take a deep breath. No surprises here.

-I can’t imagine any changes happening in abortion issues.

-The shit show related to SC nominees has been a long and classless saga since at least Clarence Thomas, and it should come as no surprise that it will continue. For your own good, emotionally distance yourself from this mess. This was decided in November of ‘16. Outside forces are trying to get you fired up, don’t oblige them.

-We all know that we could be at the verge of a hot civil war based off recent violence. No need to passive-aggressively remind everyone of how badass “the other side” is. It would be disastrous and ugly and everyone would lose so pour yourself a drink and chill.

-(if the shoe fits) If you are an LEO and you are having impure thoughts you should do what I did and get out of that profession for your own good. There are other great careers out there, and you can roll your pension contributions into a 401k. Trust me, you won’t miss the job.

-Go hunting and get a big one. Send me pics when you do and tell me all about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
The side's are pretty much drawn now, how much anarchy you see will depend a lot on your geographic location. This situation we find ourselves in just does not end well. Your on my side or your my enemy. Period.

I did not make it the way it is I am just reacting to the situation as I see it......its bad and most folks have no clue how bad it is and how bad it is most likely going to get.

I would suggest that you also disable your social media and turn the TV off. The vast majority of people in this country are great human beings who would never consider hurting a fellow American. As much as you want to fantasize about waging war against liberals, most others are, fortunately, more down to earth.

Russp17

WKR
Why would republicans confirm Scalias replacement w Garland? No way was that going to happen

elections have consequence~ Obama

Why would they? Because in recent history supreme court justices were voted on and at least had a small margin of bilateral support in each case. Obama replaced two republican appointed judges. These hearings have become too political. Each hearing gets worst and worst. I think Obama had the right to appoint garland and guess what so does Trump to replace RBG.

rodney482

WKR
Head in sand much?

I would suggest that you also disable your social media and turn the TV off. The vast majority of people in this country are great human beings who would never consider hurting a fellow American. As much as you want to fantasize about waging war against liberals, most others are, fortunately, more down to earth.

gelton

WKR
The side's are pretty much drawn now, how much anarchy you see will depend a lot on your geographic location. This situation we find ourselves in just does not end well. Your on my side or your my enemy. Period.

I did not make it the way it is I am just reacting to the situation as I see it......its bad and most folks have no clue how bad it is and how bad it is most likely going to get.
I will not post it here because it is too vile but essentially, if they want to burn things down, we shouldn't stop them, we should just hand them the gasoline...sane people from all over the world see it for what it is.

sram9102

WKR

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
There was a time in this country when the two-party system was universally praised for it's moderation and bi-partisanship. These days the two-party system is broken and shattered beyond repair. It's trapped in a downward spiral with no one willing to hit the brakes. Both parties have forsaken the other half of the electorate. The fact that a battle over SCOTUS nominees has become so political is evidence of that. They were meant to be the balance of power between executive and legislative branches. Not become a partisan body. The need for a multi-party system has never been clearer in my eyes.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Why would they? Because in recent history supreme court justices were voted on and at least had a small margin of bilateral support in each case. Obama replaced two republican appointed judges. These hearings have become too political. Each hearing gets worst and worst. I think Obama had the right to appoint garland and guess what so does Trump to replace RBG.

Without going back to check, I'd guess Obama also had control of the Senate when Kagan and Sotomayor were appointed. Regarding Garland, he had the right to appoint whomever he wanted, and did, but without Senate control the appointee is going nowhere fast. Trump is getting his appointments seated due to having a majority in the Senate.

Russp17

WKR
History doesn't support that statement. Until Garland even if the parties varied people still voted and in most cases (almost all they were confirmed even with parities being varied from who was president to who was in control of the senate. It has slowly been getting be more just voting party lines. Scalia was voted on 96-3. RGB was 97-0. Only recently has it been a pure partisan's fight.

TheGDog

WKR
Hopefully she is replaced with a pro life justice.
Already with the Religious BS? If your Gawd is soo powerful, it should NO PROBLEM for you to convince the hearts and minds of others over to your way of thinking. You should NOT need to MANDATE that this be their only choice. Even your Gawd understood the importance of Free Will.

EDIT: I Apologize, realizing it is possible you *may* be of this opinion without being a religious zealot.

Last edited:
OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
History doesn't support that statement. Until Garland even if the parties varied people still voted and in most cases (almost all they were confirmed even with parities being varied from who was president to who was in control of the senate. It has slowly been getting be more just voting party lines. Scalia was voted on 96-3. RGB was 97-0. Only recently has it been a pure partisan's fight.

You are correct. Also, I don't see this changing much in the near future, mostly (my opinion) due to the extreme nature of the current Left. They hate DJT with such a passion that they will do anything to stop him from having any sort of victory. He represents a threat to the establishment and they don't like it so they fabricate stories to try and remove him from office. Another justice nomination puts him another step closer to draining the swamp that both sides love so much.

Russp17

WKR
You are correct. Also, I don't see this changing much in the near future, mostly (my opinion) due to the extreme nature of the current Left. They hate DJT with such a passion that they will do anything to stop him from having any sort of victory. He represents a threat to the establishment and they don't like it so they fabricate stories to try and remove him from office. Another justice nomination puts him another step closer to draining the swamp that both sides love so much.

I agree both sides are entrenched in every single belief and won't flex..... If Biden wins and the republicans control the senate it will be the exact same of no wins for anybody and we as Americans lose... Next thing we will hear is nope can't even review a supreme court for the four years they are president. I swear to god if Trump came out and said he supported Obamacare every single republican would completely switch and I believe the democrats would do the same on gun control. It seems like it is just getting to be we argue the other side and no belief... It is getting ridiculous.

TheGDog

WKR
I swear to god if Trump came out and said he supported Obamacare every single republican would completely switch and I believe the democrats would do the same on gun control. It seems like it is just getting to be we argue the other side and no belief... It is getting ridiculous.
The dems will NEVER change their stance on gun control. Get that straight, Jack!