RCBS Chargemaster 1500 dispensing parameters?

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone change the dispensing parameters on their RCBS Charmaster 1500? I’m looking for the best combination for making accurate rifle loads. I currently have a reducing insert I bought off of eBay and still have problems overthrowing stick powders like Varget and H4350.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've heard folks talking about adding straws to them, but I never have done anything to mine. I load everything from stick to ball powder in mine with no accuracy issues. My only issue is that the ball powders want to bounce out onto my loading table.

OP
rhusby28

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard folks talking about adding straws to them, but I never have done anything to mine. I load everything from stick to ball powder in mine with no accuracy issues. My only issue is that the ball powders want to bounce out onto my loading table.
The reducing insert I have is essentially the same as a straw. There are YouTube videos of people reprogramming their Chargemasters. I don’t think I have any accuracy issues, but it’s really frustrating when I’m overcharging 40% of my loads with stock powder.

FURMAN

WKR
I just played with my settings until I got the results I was after. I know this won't help but I actually prefer my Chargemaster Lites. They just work out of the box.

N2TRKYS

WKR
The reducing insert I have is essentially the same as a straw. There are YouTube videos of people reprogramming their Chargemasters. I don’t think I have any accuracy issues, but it’s really frustrating when I’m overcharging 40% of my loads with stock powder.

That's what I mean by accuracy issues. I very rarely get overcharges. Is yours worse without the insert?

OP
rhusby28

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I just played with my settings until I got the results I was after. I know this won't help but I actually prefer my Chargemaster Lites. They just work out of the box.
Might have to look into the Chargemaster Lite in the future. Can you tell me if your last setting which would be the third one is less than, more than, or the same as the factory setting?

FURMAN

WKR
I am currently running a brass insert and all settings are faster than factory.

With the brass reducing insert I see maybe 20% overthrows, never messed with settings. I've gotten pretty dang good at dumping out a few kernels quick to correct it though.

I started with his recommendations but then slowly adjusted to what my chargemaster liked.

Most of my reloading is for precision long range matches so I weigh a second time on a scale accurate to .02 (a kernal weight) and its been much much more accurate (also have a reducing insert).

I spent a bunch of time troubleshooting this stupid scale! The tech folks at RCBS dont know thier heads from their stained underwear. I will post a list of the complete parameters, what each does and what I did not get the scale to STOP acting whacky and overshooting targets at lower charges. The same adjustments can be used for larger charges. Please note that this will make the scale work slower, but I now can weigh 50 rounds without a single messup, so in the end it is actually much faster. When I post the file and if it does help, please consider donating a small amount of $. This was not an easy thing to do.

When I post the file and if it does help, please consider donating a small amount of $. This was not an easy thing to do.

1st post asking for money. You're in the wrong place. At Rokslide, we help each other w/o monetary incentives.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
I add the straw and it helps a lot. Ya can also set what ya want dispensed short and use your trickle button,works good just don't forget to trickle to your weight.

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
With the brass reducing insert I see maybe 20% overthrows, never messed with settings. I've gotten pretty dang good at dumping out a few kernels quick to correct it though.

Where did you get the brass insert? I only have an issue with like RL 19. Staball 6.5 runs a lot better through it.