RCBS Chargemaster Lite "Warm-Up"?

The directions on the chargemaster lite say to let it warm up for around 20 mins.. what happens if you don't let it warm up? Or maybe only let it warm up for 10 mins?

Do you guys check with your test weights once in a while while reloading?

rayporter

WKR
not a lite but a regular CM. I keep a small 30 gr check wt in with the big checkweights and when I turn it on I check with it. I have never found it to need a wait to warm up. it always reads 30 gr. weather it is 10 seconds, 10 minutes or 10 hours.

perhaps with the new match CM there may be a difference because of more accuracy.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought the lite also, my regular Chargemaster died on me. I let it warm up the first couple times but now I don't worry about it. I try to give it a couple minutes to warm but not to concerned. I like it more than my Chargemaster. I do occasionally check it with the 50 gr weight and it's always been good.

I leave mine plugged in all the time as well and calibrate it before every use, even if it’s only an hour apart. I’ll see the zero fluctuate .1 grains here and here but that’s it.

tdot

WKR
I definitely have different results if I don't let it warm up. The worst was a 0.3grain difference after about 15-20 minutes of use.