RCBS dies

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
I have a question - I haven’t reloaded much in the past 3-4 years. Currently, I use RCBS dies with an old RCBS press. I’m about to buy a new set of dies - which is the best and most user friendly? Still RCBS? Any need to me to upgrade my press, or is a press a press?

Rob5589

WKR
I use a mix of RCBS and Forster. Both get the job done. Nothing wrong with the RCBS.

rayporter

WKR
agree with all
if you adjust seating a lot the micrometer seaters are the cats butt.. if not dont change.

wilson inline seating dies with the micrometer top are like pushing the easy button. seat bullets faster than any press but you have to get and arbor press.

the press is fine.

Mosby

WKR
I prefer Redding dies for most of my reloading but I also like Forster. For my 45-70 I use RCBS dies.

I've been using RCBS dies since the 1980s on my 1972 RCBS JR2 single stage press and bolt action rifles.
For better precision, I do remove the expander ball on the resizing die.
Instead I first deprime with a Lee universal decapping die, then full-length resize with a shoulder bump of 0.002", then use an expander mandrel for more consistent neck internal dimension.

For setting the shoulder bump, I like the Wilson micrometer which works well with their case gauges, a bit more precise than using a comparator with calipers:

gpkhill2

FNG
RCBS makes good dies and their customer service is outstanding. I damaged a expander once because of something I did. And they still warrantied it even after I told them that I broke it and tried to pay for for it.

gpkhill2

FNG
RCBS makes good dies and their customer service is outstanding. I damaged a expander once because of something I did. And they still warrantied it even after I told them that I broke it and tried to pay for for it.

gpkhill2

FNG