Rcbs summit

Ridge86

WKR
Does anyone have a summit reloading press, how does compare to the rock chucker? Broke my press last night and in search of another. In the process of contacting rcbs

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have both and use the Chucker for sizing and the Summit for seating. It is a killer combo. I saw they just came out with the new Rebel press, which looks like a great do-it-all option.

Bockja

FNG
How do you prime? Summit does not have on press priming. However, based on a bunch of testing completed over at ultimate reloader, the Summit was tops as far as concentricity and runout without going to an arbor style press. The Forster Co-Ax also did very well in the testing if you are looking at different options.

OP
R

Ridge86

WKR
I hand prime. I was also looking at the rebel press to, looks like a good one.

ajwcotton

FNG
I have a rebel and a summit. I size on the rebel and seat on the summit. I dont think I'd use a summit as my only press, I would go with the rebel. The rebel has tons of room inside the 0 for your hands and large ammo and has more qualified surfaces than the rockchucker so its supposed to be more accurate, not sure I can tell though. The rebel is a great do all press, but paired with the summit it the cats ass.

Mosby

WKR
I use a Forster CoAx for most of my reloading. It replaced a Rockchucker that I gave to my nephew. My reloads were more accurate with less runout with the Forster. I have a Summit NIB but have never used it.

Hey throwing this out there, but rcbs has life time warranty on their presses. I had one brake, and they sent me a new one free of charge. Hope this helps

OP
R

Ridge86

WKR
I finally contacted rcbs and they sent me new linkage arms for my press. No questions asked, very good customer service