Re-applying water-repellant to Prada Stretch Zions

atenjones

FNG
I've had a pair of Stretch Zions for about a year, and I absolutely love them. But I've noticed on the last couple hikes that the DWR seems to be gone. I walked through some wet grass this morning, and my legs were instantly soaked. Is it possible to re-apply some type of DWR, or should they be transitioned to dry-weather only pants now?

Thanks!

Tuscaoka

WKR
I’m interested in replies. Thought about treating w w light application of Greenland wax. I know it would decrease breath ability

I have used nikwax for years but always thought it had a bit of a stink. I heard about this from a guy at Sitka and tried it on an older jacket. So far so good.

jhm2023

WKR
I've always used the nikwax wash-in and spray-on with good results. If it has a wicking liner then you have to use the spray on. If it does not have a wicking liner than use the wash-in. There is also a 5 question quiz on the nikwax website that helps you learn which products to use, and they send you free samples if you get 100%

Last edited:

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
I've used silicone spray on rain jackets with some success. This was for coaching so i was just standing there. It'll probably effect breathability but it's worth a shot.
Make sure to give them a few days to dry before going anywhere you plan on hunting, it stinks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk