Read

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Had several longtime members pissed off at me for not being able to post or PM in the classifieds? This is the simplest way for us to keep the classifieds FREE! Yes, we know this will not stop all the assholes but it will definitely help! Besides that, if you have been a member for five years and you have zero posts what are you bringing to the community anyway, except getting great info for nothing? How hard is it to welcome new members to the forum in the FNG forum or ask or answer a question.

Here are the classified rules. Please read when you get a chance.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/classified-rules.121641/

Thanks! Ryan

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I commend you on your patience. I would be a terrible admin and have a shitty forum if I ran things. The ban hammer would be used waaaayy too much. No one has time for the entitled assclowns who bring nothing to the forum.

PDob

FNG
The rules for the classifieds is much like other forums. It’s not that difficult to meet the threshold. Don’t let them bother you, being an admin takes a lot of patience. Keep up the great work!

Sodbuster

WKR
Yeah man, it is your site. The rules are easy to follow. Some of the education that is dished out here
should have to be paid for.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Both of these rules are now in place to help stop scammers. The PM came out of the issues with people getting PMs for their WTB ads. This at least will force scammers to post a little giving a buyer a small sample size of posts to get an idea on legitimacy.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I understand your decision. I respect your decision. Kinda a pain in the butt though.
Have been a lurker for a while as a guest. Created an account just to buy stuff on the classified ads. Every blue moon i stumble across something I have to have. Would have prefered to be silent and just sent people money. If there was a donate tab so i didnt have to meet the minimum requirements that would have been awesome. Just dont like talking that much just reading.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I understand your decision. I respect your decision. Kinda a pain in the butt though.
Have been a lurker for a while as a guest. Created an account just to buy stuff on the classified ads. Every blue moon i stumble across something I have to have. Would have prefered to be silent and just sent people money. If there was a donate tab so i didnt have to meet the minimum requirements that would have been awesome. Just dont like talking that much just reading.

I totally understand that and have let people in on a case by case basis when they reach out to me. Also, members that had items for sale that hadn't met the minimum post count, I let them in after an IP check. But when the opening line in an email tells me how smart I am, you won't get much help.

tdhanses

WKR

There is a contribution tab at the top to donate. Here you go https://www.rokslide.com/forums/donate/

Y2JJ

FNG
The classifieds are for hunting... and fishing??? Just wondering.

tdhanses

WKR
doesnt alleviate the post count requirements to the best of my knowledge.

I have to say doubt a scammer would pay for access, maybe contributing members could get immediate access. But see how you are participating in this thread, not so bad to talk 😆

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
doesnt alleviate the post count requirements to the best of my knowledge.

I thought about that a lot. A scammer can easily donate. In talking to other forum owners, I know post count and PMs limitations will help minimize scammers.

tdhanses

WKR
I thought about that a lot. A scammer can easily donate. In talking to other forum owners, I know post count and PMs limitations will help minimize scammers.

Yeah I guess scammers may put some effort into it.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have to say doubt a scammer would pay for access, maybe contributing members could get immediate access. But see how you are participating in this thread, not so bad to talk 😆

lol. still semi painful. maybe i should have said typing instead of talking.

Jimb03

FNG
Even though I don’t post much, I definitely respect and support your decision as well. I don’t talk much in the first place but have always enjoyed reading all the good information on this site. The classifieds are a definite plus and one of the reasons I have an account instead of just being a lurker. If being involved is all it takes to keep this a good site and keep the scammers out, then I am all for it.