Real Big Mans Pack

OP
V

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got the Ibex pack from Wilderness Pack Specalities. I put on my thickest heavy coat ( a down filled one I don't usually hunt with) but is thicker than anything I have. The pack fit with room to spare on the waist. The shoulder straps are maxed out but do fit. They come off the frame and can be easily swapped out for a longer pair. I'm waiting on a reply on getting some.

I do need to load it up and see how it feels but the early look is it's good to go.
I am going to do a short video review on it since there is no in depth video on this one out there.

Saves a few hundred on the cost vs other brand name packs.

There's also a 15% coupon I found on another of their packs video reviews that worked during checkout.
Code is highrange15
High Range has a Youtube video on another pack they make.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big guy too, settled on mystery ranch XL Beartooth 80. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syoungs

FNG
Where are you bigger guys wearing your hip belt? Ive always worn mine right over the top of my pants, which is lower then my hips. Gut gets in the way of wearing it higher.
It seems to me that wearing the belt that low is causing issues for me with it sliding down under any weight. Im currently using a horn hunter full curl setup, but plan on order a seek outside as a reward to myself when I drop to my first goal weight.

My hunting buddy that is godfather to my kids is 6’5” and a bit of a monster. I picked up a used 26” Kifaru Duplex with a large belt as a gift for him from the classifieds. It worked beautifully for him. He got injured on the job. He’s lost a ton of muscle mass... still big, but no longer looking like an NFL lineman/strongman competitor. Pack adjusts fine and still works beautifully. Eventually, he may trim some straps. Watch the classifieds if you are back in the market ever.

YMMV

gunsling4

FNG
So I decided to try the Ibex and Yukon frame from Wilderness Pack Specialties.
Sent several emails on sizes and fit and what if you're not happy with the fit. I got immediate replies and the answers I wanted. As soon as I get it I'm going to load up a 50# bag of corn and take a hike. There were no reviews or videos on this pack so it's a blind leap of faith. There are some on their packs but none on this model. I will post a video if I keep it.
Did you every give this pack a test? Im having the same issues with bags as you. I finally got the money together to buy a good bag. very interested in what you think of your wilderness pack.

OP
V

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Did you every give this pack a test? Im having the same issues with bags as you. I finally got the money together to buy a good bag. very interested in what you think of your wilderness pack.
I've taken it on short hunts with min weight. It's nice I like it. I added a couple of pouches outside. The loops make it easy to add what you want. The straps allowed me to carry the Milenium Tree seat outside and the big Cabelas Stand Hunter parka inside and all the other junk I take with room to spare. The frame has another 20 empty slots you can add compression straps to if needed. I think you could just about put any pack on the frame. Deer season ends Sat and I'm going to dig into it more.

I'm just about at the end of the adjust on the shoulder straps on the lower to belt part. I emailed them and they are sending some longer ones. As a note I wera a 60+ suit size. There are also places I could move the attach point at the bottom up on the frame. They had a covid shutdown for 10 days there. I've been in quarantine 2 times here. Sucks just have to hunt to pass the time........ lol They seem to be good and easy to deal with. They respond to emails pretty fast too.

gunsling4

FNG
Awesome. I'm glad you like it so far. I'm gonna be using mine for 5 day hunts and hauling meat. I'd be interested how it works under load.
Only good part of this corona crap is that I'm getting enough of my taxes back to buy a bag lol.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk