Realistic glassing distances?

Finally got my swaro EL 10x in and they are literally AMAZING. Just peeking through them on the tripod messing around it seems like you can see crystal clear for days. First hunts out west will be this year, what distances do you guys realistically pick up game at through 10x? I know this will vary per person, just wanting to know what is realistic. Thanks!

TheGDog

WKR
You can see some pretty small stuff out to a mile if the cover is sparse and the heat waves aren't too bad. For bigger game, hiding in bushes it may likely be a bit less than that. You'll easily be able to see stuff that's farther away than you have any business shooting at it from.

Conditions, terrain, time of year, sun angle all figure in....... But it’s amazing what a guy can spot with 10x quality glass when given an honest effort.

2000 yards is about the furthest that I’ve been able to easily identify elk and tell their sex through my Zeiss 10x Conquests. You could probably do it further but in the area I hunt that’s about the distance between ridgelines.

You can easily see them far enough away that you want be able to get there before they are gone. I usually just watch them and try to discern a pattern.