Really funny or odd gear mods????

I know there has to be people that are doing some crazy things that really work out well....
as an example, I laughed my ass off and thought he as crazy, but my partner (who is 75% hillbilly) has a 2 puffy coat system... a few years ago Cabelas had their cheap puffy coats on sale for $25... so he proceeded to buy a large and a XL puffy coats. beside his base and mid layers, that's all he takes when we are out packing or rafting in the late season in Idaho and Colorado..... I must say that I am actually a little jealous, seems like it works awesome and he save a pile of money....

What are some of the other off the wall ideas??

as.ks.ak

WKR
Nothing too crazy. But when mountain hunting, when in the alpine and I know I’m not going to bust any brush during a particular hunt, I don’t bring rain pants. I’ll wear a long helly hansen trench coach style rain coat and the back is long enough to sit in when glassing and not need a pad or water proof pants.

I also know guys to use crocs as their “over shoes” when wearing stocking foot waders, instead of traditional wading boots. They’re light and super comfy. Kind of a life hack honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werty

WKR
Instead of buying a puffy set, I'm using my old insulated pants and coat. I lost some weight, so they fit perfect over everything. They weight under 3lbs with stuff sack.

EastMT

WKR
I run an eberlestock rifle scabbard on all my packs. Some people think it’s crazy, but I like my scope out of the elements, protected from a fall. My first pack had the built in scabbard and I’ve tried the rest, just don’t like any of the others. I’m ok with weird.

Elcy

FNG
Love it!

Now you just need to do this mod to it, and you'll be all set

Love it!

Now you just need to do this mod to it, and you'll be all set
Just about got it done.

Attachments

• 0D315A40-A0CC-4670-B7CC-59A1342F5D8B.jpeg
    0D315A40-A0CC-4670-B7CC-59A1342F5D8B.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 56