Really wanting a new bow..buy now or wait

Luked

WKR
Havw a Mathews Vertix now and it's a nice bow but it's a lot shorter ATA than I prefer and I just don't seem to shoot it as well as I thought I would.
I have always shot longer ATA bows much better.
I havw a hunt coming up this year and is my first time hunting the west for Elk and it's been something I have wanted to do for a very long time and something always came up to where I couldn't go. And now I can.

So my problem now is weather I should buy a new bow now that I am more comfortable shooting with but yet it's close to season. And also I know the new bows normally come out in November or so.
So I'm really struggling on weather to go ahead and get something now and shoot as much as I can before season. Or wait and use what I have now and wait till the new stuff comes out in November.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Figure out what bow you want and then wait until you find one for a price that's acceptable to you. If that's this year, great. If not, no big deal.......you already have a bow.

Chaser96

FNG
I agree with what was said above. If it works out where you find a great deal then jump on it but I wouldn’t worry too much about having to get a new one right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classified pages on archerytalk. I've bought and sold quite a few bows off there just keep checking you'll find a good deal and if not plenty of elk died from your current bow

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Nothing coming out in November will make a farts difference over what you can find right now, bonus if its used.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I doubt there will be anything groundbreaking in the 2023 class that would make you regret buying something now...likely just another crop of slightly cosmetically altered last year's bows. This close to game time, however, I would personally stick with the devil I know rather than take a chance on something I may or may not end up liking better.

Warlock

FNG
Personally I would spend the money on the trip / gear related to the trip but I don’t know where you’re at from a financial perspective. You can always upgrade after the season.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
At this point gear wise for my trip I think I'm in pretty good shape. At least for about everything I can think of.
But I'm sure I'll end up thinking of some other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk