Realm x let off%

SHoug07

FNG
This is last minute but I am headed to Montana and reading through the regs again. I just noticed letoff is "maximum of 80% as advertised by manufacturer" not just 80% maximum. I am shooting a realm x which I dont find anything on the bow for let off spec but online says 80-85%. I did talk to someone with montana fwp after drawing tags who said it should be ok, but now I am second guessing it. I did install lucky stops and have it set around 75%. Does anyone have input or experience with the realm x while hunting in Montana?

I'm unfamiliar with that particular bow, but I think that's the speed versus comfort setting. Speed would be lower letoff.

If it's not labeled I wouldn't worry too much personally, that's your call. Some bows have a peg you move that has a leveled letoff or a mod that has it labeled. Those bows I'd make sure it's correct.

I doubt many have actually checked their hold weight to know what it is, however it's nice that it's stated "as advertised".

This is last minute but I am headed to Montana and reading through the regs again. I just noticed letoff is "maximum of 80% as advertised by manufacturer" not just 80% maximum. I am shooting a realm x which I dont find anything on the bow for let off spec but online says 80-85%. I did talk to someone with montana fwp after drawing tags who said it should be ok, but now I am second guessing it. I did install lucky stops and have it set around 75%. Does anyone have input or experience with the realm x while hunting in Montana?

I have a Realm X that I use for elk, it's set on the comfort setting. I wouldn't worry about the let-off % and just go hunt and kill a big one. Bow let-off setting is not something that game wardens are looking for they have much bigger fish to fry like poachers and trespassers. Go hunt and enjoy yourself!

OP
SHoug07

SHoug07

FNG
I'm unfamiliar with that particular bow, but I think that's the speed versus comfort setting. Speed would be lower letoff.

If it's not labeled I wouldn't worry too much personally, that's your call. Some bows have a peg you move that has a leveled letoff or a mod that has it labeled. Those bows I'd make sure it's correct.

I doubt many have actually checked their hold weight to know what it is, however it's nice that it's stated "as advertised".

My main concern is online it is advertised as 80-85%. I cant find any marking on the bow or module. Probably just go with it.

Jbehredt

WKR
You’re fine. Get caught up in a poaching or wanton waste case where they seize your truck and bow and they may throw it on a scale to add to the list of charges. Otherwise nobody will even care to know what your let off percentage is.

406unltd

WKR
Yes billy goat is correct. The let off on the bowtech with the flip disc are changed by going from performance to comfort modes. Performance has less let off and comfort has more.

OP
SHoug07

SHoug07

FNG
Do you have it on comfort or performance?
Performance also installed lucky stops that shortened the valley and upped holding weight. My let off is set around 75%, but the regs say manufacture maximum advertised letoff. Before installing the stops in performance mode it was over 80% let off.

OP
SHoug07

SHoug07

FNG
You’re fine. Get caught up in a poaching or wanton waste case where they seize your truck and bow and they may throw it on a scale to add to the list of charges. Otherwise nobody will even care to know what your let off percentage is.

I figured this would be the case, but never know. It's my first time hunting out of state and just want to make sure. I have let off set lower but regs say advertised let off.

Jbehredt

WKR
I figured this would be the case, but never know. It's my first time hunting out of state and just want to make sure. I have let off set lower but regs say advertised let off.

Decades ago when coumpounds came along they had to draw the line somewhere. A way to protect the sport if technology or trends had taken us to 99 or 100% let off.

Yeah I think you're under a fine enough line you aren't going to be pulled to the side and your LO checked with a gauge. More of what someone above said, if they catch you poaching, they're adding that to the list of charges.