Rear bag recommendation for Javelin Pro Hunt Tac

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recommendations on a rear bag for my bipod. In the long version, it’s about 9” in its minimum setting.

I have just a factory Tikka stock, and this will simply be for benchrest/practice shooting, and not something I’ll be packing in the field. My current Caldwell rear bag that came with my set is just too short to utilize the bipod.

I know there are a ton of options out there, but figured I’d check here first with people who may have a similar setup and recommendation. Thanks

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Hunter's Wedge from Long Range Only. No question. It is designed to run with sticks like that. In full disclosure, I make it. There are threads here and on LRO.

@Ryan Avery runs the mini version.

OP
swisski

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Well that sounds like a perfect match! I always like to support guys on here too. I’ll check them out

OP
swisski

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Armageddon X-wing bag is good. I use it with a 9-13” bipod.

Do you run the large size of the x-wing?

Both options look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
I’ve got / tried a ton of bags. I only use two now. Reasor (Armageddon) Game Changer and a Wiebad Pump Pillow.

OP
swisski

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got / tried a ton of bags. I only use two now. Reasor (Armageddon) Game Changer and a Wiebad Pump Pillow.

Thanks for the input. Is your bipod in the 9-12” range with a sporter type stock in that setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
I use i the Game Changer on my hunting rifle with a sporter style stock, precision bolt rifle with an XLR Chassis, and my precision AR. It’s heavy, but by far the most versatile bag I’ve used. Mine is one of the first generation bags Cliff made. There are lighter smaller versions out now.

4264F841-677D-4799-A655-8A67A205CA3B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got a couple bags from Precision Underground and really like them. They offer a variety of options and the fill is extremely stable. Much better than sand, BBs, rice, etc.

Broz

WKR
Looking for recommendations on a rear bag for my bipod. In the long version, it’s about 9” in its minimum setting.

I have just a factory Tikka stock, and this will simply be for benchrest/practice shooting, and not something I’ll be packing in the field. My current Caldwell rear bag that came with my set is just too short to utilize the bipod.

I know there are a ton of options out there, but figured I’d check here first with people who may have a similar setup and recommendation. Thanks
There is a video using our Hunters Wedge bag in this link if you want a solid rear rest.

OP
swisski

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input. After checking each of them out, I think the hunters wedge will fit the bill perfectly for what I'm looking for

I've been primarily using the mini hunter's wedge as a rear bag at the range lately. It's a nice bag.

That said, I still think it is lower than ideal for a 9-12" bipod off a bench or prone shooting level but 9"+ bipods just aren't ideal for bench or flat prone IMO. Thunderbird LR makes a little flat bag that i put under it sometimes when I need a little more elevation.

For strictly shooting level off a bench on a square range, I'd think a heavy standard bunny ear bag would be the most stable. I don't own one because I'll never use one in practical shooting but I bet they would be best.

Last edited:

Broz

WKR
does the bipod legs adjust at 45 degrees forward? Or will thel adjust out to lower position like a CKYE pod? If so that will help greatly. Wind Gypsy is correct, 9" is tall for bench work on flat ground.

OP
swisski

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
I did purchase the bottom bag as well in anticipation of it possibly coming up slightly short with 9-13" bipod.

Broz

WKR
If your Hunters Wedge bag is still short off the bench for your 9" bipod, cut a short piece of 2x6 to place under the bag. It will lift you up and offer a stable platform for the bag allowing you to use a longer portion of the bag on the stock

Last edited: