reasonably priced bipod or shooting sticks?

sk1

WKR
Ok so I'm a hardcore bow hunter, but I'm going to draw an antlerless rifle permit this year....any rifle hunting I've done in the past involved having a treestand with a rest, or short range off hand shots.

First what do you guys recommend, bipod or shooting sticks, and then what one is a reasonable price? I don't want a piece of junk, but at the same time I will rarely use my rifle....so keep that in mind as well!

any opinions would be awesome, thanks guys

weaver

WKR
Caldwell shooting sticks. Lightweight and dont break the bank.

I use a harris Type S bipod for prone shooting. Caldwell has a cheaper version that is supposed to work fine. If you are using a tripod for your spotting scope and want a really good rest for cheap order one of the precision rifle solution craddles and then just screw your specific extra tripod adapter/quick release plate to it. I have their shooting system for shooting when prone isnt possible but for a cheaper route you can do it this way. Also cuts down on equipment and weight. Heres the link to Precision rifle solutions http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/apps/webstore/products/show/838250

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I only use trekking poles these days. Just out my video on trekking poles to get a better idea of my shooting stick setup.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Check out Stoney Point rapid pivot. They work like a charm for a reasonable price. Plus, you can just put extra studs on other rifles.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
thanks for the ideas guys.....researching them right now to decide what my best option is......so far that rapid pivot looks decent and a good price