Rebarrel or sell?

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Hey forum! I own a sako 85 finnlight in 308. I bought it as a 308 thinking id occasionally carry it as a lightweight elk gun, but that never materialized (I can never seem to justify taking it instead of the 300 wm I own). The rifle is basically brand new but it goes deer hunting 100 percent of the time and the recoil is definitely more than needed for the application. I've always loved the idea of owning a 260 rem so now I have two options:

1. sell it and put the proceeds towards a new rifle
2. rebarrel this rifle (maybe extend the barrel a couple inches or do something creative like a 260 ai.)

thoughts?

Last edited:

deadwolf

WKR
I’ve always wanted a .260 terminator

Lapua brass available and a good selection of bullets of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: B23

B23

WKR

That's exactly what I was thinking but I don't know that much about the Sako 85 so I'd want to make sure there's enough magazine length to seat the bullets out far enough to take advantage of the case capacity.

If you don't reload and instead shoot factory ammo I'd rebarrel it to 6.5 Creedmoor. The 6.5 Creed has very good factory support and the Hornady factory ammo generally shoots really well in the 6.5 CM's.

If it's a gun you really like I'm always a fan of rebarreling something with a good custom barrel.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you don’t want recoil then a 25 creedmoor or 6mm Creedmoor is the way to go for a deer rifle.

The 105 - 115 6mm bullets are awesome and the case is equivalent to a magnum for velocity of the high BC bullets.

The new 131 - 135 .257 bullets are the same. And, at 133 grains they match factory 260 weights.

OP
A

aorams

Lil-Rokslider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a call in to to defensive edge about this! I hope to hear back soon but this seems super cool