Rebuildable Salomons?

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I have had some injuries to my right ankle that surgery could not fix, so have had some difficulties every year when elk and md hunting in colorado. I have been wearing some Crispi Nevadas, but this year, I bought some Salomon 4d's to just use as daily shoes to replace some Merrel's I had, and they fit so unbelievably good for me, that I bought a second pair to cycle them. Well, in training for Colorado, I had absolutely no problems with my ankles (unlike every other year), so I decided to try them instead of the Crispis. Long story short, I only used my Crispi's once this season (and immediately saw the beginnings of the same problems I usually have), the rest of the time, I used the Salomon's. They seem to be just what my ankle needs.

Downside is the tread on these is pretty soft, so they wear down very quickly and grip suffers fast....and of course, they are not rebuildable. So....does anyone make a boot that fits and is built just like these (in terms of stiffness, support etc.), but with a rebuildable sole?

I also love the fit of my Salomon's. I do wish they made a taller insulated hunting boot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
C

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, I'll look into them. A taller, insulated 4d GTX, that is resolable....would be absolutely perfect, that's what I need!

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
For what a resole costs I'd just look for sales and stock up. Seems like every year they discontinue last year's colors and new ones can be had for around 160a pair

OP
C

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like a resole is around 90 bucks, but what I really like is that it looks like a more aggressive vibram sole might be available. I'm going to give them a call and see what it all entails. But this could be just what I am looking for.

travis78b

FNG
I too am looking for a boot that fits and feels like a Salomon 4d but lasts longer. Over the years I have found them very forgiving with bad knees, Achilles issues, and plantar fasciitis. I wear Salomon's (4d's, mids, and lows) every day at work and only get about a year out of them. I now have a dedicated pair for hunting looks like I am only going to get 2 seasons out of them (this includes a bit of training and hunting). Scared to jump blindly into a $300-500 boot and not be as happy. Been drifting toward the Crispi Guide GTX. From reviews it seems similar but, I have no first hand experience and don't live near a dealer.

OP
C

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Just talked to rocky mtn resole on the phone. Super nice. Yes, for 93 bucks (which includes return shipping), they will put on a vibram bifida sole in place of the original. They do other repairs as well if they are needed, but I am going to give this a try here in the next couple months when my first pair's soles are completely done.

BTW, noted that Salomons does make some kinds of insulated versions...maybe of these boots? Gonna look into those as well, as I wanted an insulated boot this year in Colorado.