Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Vaccinated. Easy decision for me. If this brings us one step closer to normalcy it was worth it. If this prevents one person I care about or one of my patients from getting COVID-19 it was worth it. This vaccine was not developed in months. It was developed through decades of scientific breakthroughs and research by my colleagues who have dedicated their lives to their fields and made this possible. Go Science.

Attachments

• AFB37260-548E-4EC3-8982-BC39F2F1666A.jpeg
    AFB37260-548E-4EC3-8982-BC39F2F1666A.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 575
I’m 100% on board with you and will get the vaccine as soon as they let me. Hell, I’ll even get it twice!

That said, the “if it prevents just one...” argument is the same bs the anti-gunners use to attack the 2A. “If it saves one life, won’t it be worth it?” Might not play well here. I dunno. But I get what you’re saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I understand the argument. The difference is getting vaccinated doesnt take anything away from anyone. And I have lots of guns...lol. I also fully support anyone who chooses not to get it. However with 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 5 years of residency, and 2 years of fellowship training I would like to think my decision is a fairly educated one. And I dont care if Bill Gates wants to track me. Hope he can track me down in the NWT during my sheep hunt in August. At least that would mean they opened to Canadian border to vaccinated people lol...

manitou1

WKR
Signed up for mine this week. Wife should get hers any day... I hope. She has been neck deep in Covid patients for a while.

Any side affects for you?

Scottyboy

WKR
I understand the argument. The difference is getting vaccinated doesnt take anything away from anyone. And I have lots of guns...lol. I also fully support anyone who chooses not to get it. However with 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 5 years of residency, and 2 years of fellowship training I would like to think my decision is a fairly educated one. And I dont care if Bill Gates wants to track me. Hope he can track me down in the NWT during my sheep hunt in August. At least that would mean they opened to Canadian border to vaccinated people lol...
At what point do we end the vaccine list before we can get back to normal? I would be willing to bet that you never tested positive, I have heard from no one who has had this flu want or thinking getting vaccinated just because is a good idea. (Myself included). I sure hope I can travel without my flu shot...ohh that’s right influenza doesn’t kill anyone 🙄

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I’m completely ignorant on medicine, vaccines and viruses.
Why did this appear to be an easy remedy with a high success rate and why can’t the yearly flu vaccine attain a higher success rate in comparison?

Typically a virus that encodes their genome in RNA, such as SARS-CoV-2, and influenza, tend to pick up mutations quickly as they are copied inside their hosts, because enzymes that copy RNA are prone to make mistakes .

Early sequencing suggests that the Sars-CoV-2 may posses a proofreading enzyme that may make it leas prone to mutations.

Rob5589

WKR
I’m completely ignorant on medicine, vaccines and viruses.
Why did this appear to be an easy remedy with a high success rate and why can’t the yearly flu vaccine attain a higher success rate in comparison?
The Covid vaccine targets Covid 19. The general influenza vaccine targets between 4-6 of the most serious strains of A/B. But there are hundreds of strains and most cause mild symptoms and aren't considered to have the potential to cause a pandemic like we have currently.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished my 2nd round of quarantine from being near exposed people. First round their wife had it little to no symptoms and the guy I was around tested negative. 2nd round I was riding in a side by side all day. He had light symptoms and also had bronchitis. I'm not getting the vaccine no matter what. At this point with all that's lead up to this I trust nothing the government says or does. .

blackdawg

WKR
What is her B M I ???? Asking for a friend....

Very good question, I have a Dr. friend indicate BMI may be a factor, off hand of course. Glad this was posted and will follow closely over the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savagenut

WKR
At what point do we end the vaccine list before we can get back to normal? I would be willing to bet that you never tested positive, I have heard from no one who has had this flu want or thinking getting vaccinated just because is a good idea. (Myself included). I sure hope I can travel without my flu shot...ohh that’s right influenza doesn’t kill anyone

Why is this post necessary?

Moserkr

WKR
Glad Im not the guinea pig. Ill take the virus over a rushed vaccine with no liabilities to the manufacturer. Government lied about the seriousness of a disease with a 99.75% survival rate (even higher without comorbitities), and took away countless liberties in the name of safety. In reality they have destroyed a great economy and hurt more people health wise through isolation, depression, anxiety, and more in the long run than this disease ever can.

Giving up one liberty in the name of safety is all it took to set the stage to never have freedom again. Country needs a backbone. Anyone thinking there will be a normal again is insane after everyone bent over and took it for the lies.

Bunch of people in my family have had the wuflu with little issues for anyone wondering...

Michael54

WKR
I'm supposed to be getting a vaccination at work soon. It's optional of course, but I signed up for it.

I don't get the atmosphere of mistrust for science we seem to be in.
I'll roll my dice and place my bet on science rather that muddied political waters.
It's not the mistrust of science. It's the mistrust of rushed science that has progressed with a whole bunch of political loopholes and free passes without years of research and tests behind it. If it makes you feel better i don't trust politicians that stand at a podium and say they have my best interest at heart either. This whole thing has been political from the start the vaccine is just an extension of those politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.