Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
For now I'm leaning on being as healthy as possible including reduced body fat, quality foods, and getting necessary vitamins. I'll let impacts get studied longer.

If ONLY the rest of society got on board with this we would all be totally fine and no lock downs, very low hospitalizations and deaths. But everyone can’t wait for the government and big pharma to save them from their own demise instead. I took issue with obese people before this pandemic because it drives up our healthcare cost by the billions, now post pandemic I’m growing real hatred for what they caused our society and our children. (Also def wuhan lab to blame obviously). If someone reading that thinks it’s harsh or you’re offended save yourself and just don’t respond, it’s just one mans opinion.

I am not special, and boarderline retarded. But been smart enough and disciplined enough for over a decade taking vitamin D, C, Zinc, quercetin, fish oil, etc along with eating real food and daily exercise . Haven’t been sick in 10 or more years, minus food poisoning. Back country hunting and sex is a huge motivator haha. Again, I’m far from special and anyone can do this. Don’t complain about people who don’t need to get a fauci ouchie vaccine as it’s not the end all be all. It’s a freaking tiny bandaid for a giant flesh wound in this country. Sad really...

7Bartman

WKR
I got my first dose of Pfizer today. I'm more or less on the "if this helps things get back to normal" train of thought, but I was and am hesitant about pretty much everything surrounding COVID.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, this is a real question. What makes you sure we are going to get to herd immunity given that we don't know (1) how long antibodies last for those who have been infected, (2) whether or not people who have been vaccinated can still spread the virus to others, or (3) how long the vaccine itself will provide protection? Doesn't herd immunity require that we be below a certain threshold of susceptible hosts for the virus? My understanding at this point is we're still assuming everyone is susceptible.
Fair points, we don't know the exact answers to those things, but we can reasonable extrapolate from the rate of decay of antibodies. We do know there are significant amounts of antibodies out to 6 months for both mRNA vaccines. A booster may likely be needed in the future as is the case for some antibodies, but if we get enough people vaccinated in the interim achieving herd immunity is certainly feasible. As to your second point, there are some data (primarily from Israel) that point to the vaccine as mitigating the spread of the virus.
If I'm off base, please let me know. My butt is firmly on the fence here, but my legs are dangling on the side of vaccination. I can certainly understand people's reluctance given the lack of reliable information widely available and the continued weaponization of this virus by folks on both sides of the issue.
Like I said before, the vaccine is essentially the directions for a surface protein from the virus to give you immunity. If you're hesitant about the vaccine, you should be way more worried about the virus. Millions of doses have been given at this point.

Drenalin

WKR
If you're hesitant about the vaccine, you should be way more worried about the virus. Millions of doses have been given at this point.
I'm not an anti-vaccine guy in general. And I'm not especially concerned about long-term effects of this vaccine; I've probably had worse stuff put in my body. That said, having had COVID and breezed through it - along with everyone else in my household - I am even less concerned about the virus. In spite of this, I elected to get the vaccine because I don't see another path to a return to anything resembling normal life.

And that's where the frustration comes in, for me anyway. First, we've got people on one side pushing the narrative that the vaccine is dangerous (to put it mildly). And it has been for some people, and will be for some more. Then there are people on the other side pushing the narrative that the virus is dangerous (again, to put it mildly). And it has been for some people, and will be for some more. We don't seem to know who will suffer negative consequences of the vaccine, just like we've been surprised by some people really struggling with and even dying from the virus. It's six in one hand and half a dozen in the other, in my opinion.

Prior to now, I've only ever gotten vaccines to help prevent me from contracting things that might be real bad for me. In the case of this vaccine, we're saying get it BUT you cannot resume your life, you may still get COVID, and you may still kill everyone you love when you do. I'm paraphrasing of course. If we don't believe the vaccine will keep us from getting COVID, then why are we pushing it and the narrative that people who take a pass are irresponsible and selfish? That's not aimed at you specifically, but that is the narrative. If the vaccine protects us, then why can't people who are two weeks past their second dose get back to their normal lives, understanding that there may still be some risk because no vaccine is 100% effective?

I realize COVID isn't the flu. Having said that, it seems to me that we are moving toward a thinking that it is or will be an endemic virus. We have a vaccine that we think provides some protection, but there are other strains that the current vaccines don't cover. Maybe we can electively get an updated vaccine ever year, and accept the reality that there's still a chance we could get sick and die. Like the flu, in that sense. And yes, there's a chance we can get the virus and spread it someone else who dies. Again, like the flu in that sense. Risk of death is an inherent part of life. We're acting, corporately, like we just discovered we're not going to live forever and we're hiding under our beds because of it (figuratively). I just think the whole situation has turned into a crock, from both sides or however many sides there are now.

Anyway, rant over. Lady at the vaccination site told me that since I'd had COVID, I might get some flu like symptoms with the first shot instead of with the second. I'm about 19 hours past getting stuck and nothing but a slightly sore shoulder. My heart didn't stop and I have no craving for human flesh to report.

7Bartman

WKR
And that's where the frustration comes in, for me anyway. First, we've got people on one side pushing the narrative that the vaccine is dangerous (to put it mildly). And it has been for some people, and will be for some more. Then there are people on the other side pushing the narrative that the virus is dangerous (again, to put it mildly). And it has been for some people, and will be for some more. We don't seem to know who will suffer negative consequences of the vaccine, just like we've been surprised by some people really struggling with and even dying from the virus. It's six in one hand and half a dozen in the other, in my opinion.
You make some salient points. Risk and risk assessment are tricky things. Fortunately, in this case we have some general numbers to go by. Consider this a game of Russian Roulette if you will. With COVID let's say there are 200 chambers. About 90 of these chambers are empty (e.g. you get it and you don't even know), another 90 are equivalent to mild/moderate disease (e.g. sick with a mild fever, malaise for a few days, maybe miss work). The other 20 are bad disease (e.g. hospitalization, shortness-of-breath and death in 1 of these). In addition 50 of these chambers results in longer-term sequalae (e.g. some mild (loss of smell), some more serious (brain fog, depression, malaise).
Now with the vaccine, there are 1 million chambers. About half these will leave you with a sore arm and feeling like crap for 24-36 hours, and maybe miss work. 2 of these chambers are serious (e.g. anaphylaxis, clotting) requiring emergent medical care.
I know which cylinder I'm spinning.
Your particular case is not unique and the risk assessment (having had asymptomatic COVID) that comes with it is different. The data that we have is that getting vaccinated will likely give you a stronger (especially in your case) immune response and lasting immunity (we don't know how long, but likely longer than 1 year at this point).

Prior to now, I've only ever gotten vaccines to help prevent me from contracting things that might be real bad for me. In the case of this vaccine, we're saying get it BUT you cannot resume your life, you may still get COVID, and you may still kill everyone you love when you do. I'm paraphrasing of course. If we don't believe the vaccine will keep us from getting COVID, then why are we pushing it and the narrative that people who take a pass are irresponsible and selfish? That's not aimed at you specifically, but that is the narrative. If the vaccine protects us, then why can't people who are two weeks past their second dose get back to their normal lives, understanding that there may still be some risk because no vaccine is 100% effective?
I agree, I think we should be able to get back to normal life.
I realize COVID isn't the flu. Having said that, it seems to me that we are moving toward a thinking that it is or will be an endemic virus. We have a vaccine that we think provides some protection, but there are other strains that the current vaccines don't cover. Maybe we can electively get an updated vaccine ever year, and accept the reality that there's still a chance we could get sick and die. Like the flu, in that sense. And yes, there's a chance we can get the virus and spread it someone else who dies. Again, like the flu in that sense. Risk of death is an inherent part of life. We're acting, corporately, like we just discovered we're not going to live forever and we're hiding under our beds because of it (figuratively). I just think the whole situation has turned into a crock, from both sides or however many sides there are now.
Agreed.

Billinsd

WKR
Got my second dose of Modern Today! Didn't feel anything. I did the whole process while on a conference call. Nice piece of mind. I'll make photo copies of my card.

Crusader

WKR
I got COVID back in mid-November while at deer camp, from a new guy to our group (figured out it was him about a week later) and brought it home and passed it on to my family. I came down with symptoms on Sunday before Thanksgiving, wife and daughter had them on Tuesday. Got tested Thanksgiving morning and found out we all were positive the next day. I wasn't all that keen on getting the vaccine yet so day before yesterday wife and I got tested for antibodies. An hour ago we got the notice from the lab that we are positive, we still have the antibodies, about 4.5 months after having the virus. I'm in no hurry to get the vaccination so I figure in a few months we will get another antibody test and see how that goes (insurance covers all the testing costs). Meanwhile, will keep watching the news and observing how the vaccination effects are going.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider

Good article with links to support this guys opinion on the vaccines. I found most of it really compelling for those of us deciding to hold out for now or pass altogether on these vaccines. If you choose to get it that’s great, if you know folks that are hesitant refer to this article and understand the many reasons those of us are hesitant.

The last point in that article is most concerning but I’m not smart enough to know what’s true and what isn’t. I really wish an expert like that could have a constructive discussion in the MSM with Fauci or someone else from the CDC...

Russp17

WKR

Good article with links to support this guys opinion on the vaccines. I found most of it really compelling for those of us deciding to hold out for now or pass altogether on these vaccines. If you choose to get it that’s great, if you know folks that are hesitant refer to this article and understand the many reasons those of us are hesitant.

The last point in that article is most concerning but I’m not smart enough to know what’s true and what isn’t. I really wish an expert like that could have a constructive discussion in the MSM with Fauci or someone else from the CDC...
I understand hesitancy to get vaccinated, but this report has some very erroneous information. The deaths from the Covid vaccine for one. I would look for some other backup before sharing information such as this and do further research. The government paused the usage of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine over a few blood clots out of millions, but they are allowing this to kill as this guy states hundreds of thousands... Doesn't add up. Most of it is just not true.

The united states has approx. 2.6 million deaths per year. This equates to 7,125 deaths a day. Just by this the odds are that if you give 100 million people a vaccine, many are going to die that day or within a few days. It doesn't mean that the vaccine caused the deaths this even goes higher when the vaccine tell recently were targeted at older people who will die at a much greater rate.

Foldem

WKR
You make some salient points. Risk and risk assessment are tricky things. Fortunately, in this case we have some general numbers to go by. Consider this a game of Russian Roulette if you will. With COVID let's say there are 200 chambers. About 90 of these chambers are empty (e.g. you get it and you don't even know), another 90 are equivalent to mild/moderate disease (e.g. sick with a mild fever, malaise for a few days, maybe miss work). The other 20 are bad disease (e.g. hospitalization, shortness-of-breath and death in 1 of these). In addition 50 of these chambers results in longer-term sequalae (e.g. some mild (loss of smell), some more serious (brain fog, depression, malaise).
Now with the vaccine, there are 1 million chambers. About half these will leave you with a sore arm and feeling like crap for 24-36 hours, and maybe miss work. 2 of these chambers are serious (e.g. anaphylaxis, clotting) requiring emergent medical care.
I know which cylinder I'm spinning.
Your particular case is not unique and the risk assessment (having had asymptomatic COVID) that comes with it is different. The data that we have is that getting vaccinated will likely give you a stronger (especially in your case) immune response and lasting immunity (we don't know how long, but likely longer than 1 year at this point).

I agree, I think we should be able to get back to normal life.

Agreed.
Is the hospitalization rate really 10% for healthy people under 60?

FLAK

WKR
Another stroke victim in MS. 4 hrs after receiving the vaccine.
Prolly have to search for it on the internet, doubt it will be on the news.

If Trump was still Pres., we would be hearing about ALL the "vaccine" related
health problems 24/7. And they would be blaming him.

Vaccinations eliminated polio and small pox.

Vaccination success against diphtheria, tetanus, cholera,
plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, measles are other examples.

Vaccination stimulates the production of the body's natural antibodies
without the health risk of actually getting COVID-19.

It will not eliminate COVID-19 from the world
but it will reduce the number of deaths and hospitalizations,
effectively accelerate getting life back to normal.

75% of Alaskan residents age65+ have now received at least their first vaccination.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved

I'm not suggesting that one with this view agrees with all 18 of the author's reasons, reasons 5, 6 and 8 probably can be said to apply to some (many?) other medicines (statins anyone)? I do believe #14 is finally coming to light (although I don't think it is directly relevant to the vaccine).

And before anyone thinks I'm blindly following the government, etc., here's a guy who I've become a big fan of recently - https://drmalcolmkendrick.org - and he's got a link to a physician in Sweden who wrote a book asking some interesting questions about the virus, lockdowns, etc.

Riplip

WKR

Personally I have never heard of Natural News, but a quick search returned the following.

Founded in 2005, Natural News is a conspiracy and pseudoscience website that routinely publishes false information. The founder is Mike Adams, who owns several Questionable websites such as News Target and Trump.news.

Google and several others have blocked Natural News over the course of its history.

Natural News a Questionable source based on the promotion of quackery level pseudoscience and conspiracy theories, as well as extreme right-wing bias. This is one of the most discredited sources on the internet.

Riplip

WKR

From Wikipedia

Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is an anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting pseudoscience and far-right extremism.[1][2][3] Characterized as a "conspiracy-minded alternative medicine website", Natural News has approximately 7 million unique visitors per month.[4]

Total junk.

IdahoElk

WKR

Foldem

WKR
Status
Not open for further replies.