Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Got my second shot on Thursday. Had chills and muscle aches starting Friday at about 4 am until yesterday evening. One side effect I did not expect was the abundant and almost nauseating farting. I made the dog leave the room a few times.

ODB

WKR
At the health system I work at and in speaking with others the side effects vary widely. In our comparisons it seems the younger a person is the harsher the effects could be, conversely the older you are the better it is for you. People who had Moderna were most likely to develop gastric issues in their side effects.Those who received Pfizer had the lymph node reaction. Our system just started receiving J&J so its too soon to tell for us.

The wife had swollen nodes even after the first shot. Me, nothing. I read an article shortly after they the shots began to roll out that there were some misdiagnosed breast cancer screenings/scares due to the swollen lymph nodes in some women. They had yet to incorporate that question in the entry paperwork since everything was pretty new. Seems to be sorted out now.

Vaccinations eliminated polio and small pox.
Vaccination success against diphtheria, tetanus, cholera,
plague, typhoid, tuberculosis, measles are other examples.

Vaccination stimulates the production of the body's natural antibodies
without the health risk of actually getting COVID-19.

It will not eliminate COVID-19 from the world
but it will reduce the number of deaths and hospitalizations,
effectively accelerate getting life back to normal.

75% of Alaskan residents age65+ have now received at least their first vaccination.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
I got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer on Thursday. Started feeling weird around 7pm Thursday evening. Went to bed feeling like I had a sinus infection. Had a seizure around 1am. First one I’ve ever had in my life. Scared me and the wife pretty bad. Went to the ER and was released yesterday. Ran a fever from Thursday evening until Friday around lunch. Still feeling like I have a cold.

FWIW, I’m 32 years old, I run, exercise, do BJJ, etc. I would say I’m in above average shape and I watch my diet due to a family history of having terrible hearts. I gave blood in December and tested positive for the antibodies. I’ve had multiple exposures over the past year and I’ve never even felt like I had a headache. Had I known that I’d have had the reaction I had, I would’ve never gotten the shots. Luckily, my wife hadn’t gotten hers yet.
J&J shot received Saturday with delirium, fainting, and extreme fever throughout the night. I have never felt so sick in my life. I am 30 and healthy. Very close to calling 911. Reported here https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Politics aside, I would recommend you report it as well to help contribute to continued vaccine safety.

NDGuy

WKR
J&J shot received Saturday with delirium, fainting, and extreme fever throughout the night. I have never felt so sick in my life. I am 30 and healthy. Very close to calling 911. Reported here https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Politics aside, I would recommend you report it as well to help contribute to continued vaccine safety.
Glad you feel better. Absolutely report any adverse affects.

Wife got 1st Pfizer shot, felt totally fine.

I got the JnJ last Thursday as previously mentioned. Outside of some mild soreness had zero issues. 4 days post shot now.

Starting to think they gave me a placebo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife received J&J few weeks ago. Took Tylenol like I instructed her to do at normal dosing intervals. Had no issues at all. Her colleagues both male and female didn’t listen to what she did. They all had varying symptoms from fever to nausea. I’ve heard that from multiple colleagues in the healthcare field.

ttltown

WKR
Amazes me regardless if you plan to get the vaccination or not, how talking about your healthcare decisions has become commonplace even with strangers let alone family. Im old enough to remember when it was considered taboo and rude. Now I hear it in the aisles at the grocery store and everywhere. Only once when asked if I’d gotten it yet, did I respond by asking if she had gotten the HPV vax as it sounded like she needed it.

ttltown

WKR
Lol the point was it’s a somewhat personal topic or use to be I guess. And for what it’s worth the CDC recommends HPV for both sexes as it can prevent various cancers and other afflictions for both sexes.

Spike elk

WKR
An interesting development:

FDA recommends pause of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after blood clot cases

NDGuy

WKR
An interesting development:

FDA recommends pause of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after blood clot cases

Very much worth investigating. Seems to be an issue with the vaccines using adenovirus technology. Hopefully remains a rare issue I think there's 6 cases out of 7 million so far.

Very much worth investigating. Seems to be an issue with the vaccines using adenovirus technology. Hopefully remains a rare issue I think there's 6 cases out of 7 million so far.
Another thing that’s interesting is that I think mRNA vaccines are theoretically safer than more traditional vaccines like J&J, particularly when development is rushed. I can understand hesitancy to be one of the first to be injected with the mRNA vaccines, but it seems to be playing out that the mRNA vaccines are causing fewer severe side effects

IdahoElk

WKR
Another thing that’s interesting is that I think mRNA vaccines are theoretically safer than more traditional vaccines like J&J, particularly when development is rushed. I can understand hesitancy to be one of the first to be injected with the mRNA vaccines, but it seems to be playing out that the mRNA vaccines are causing fewer severe side effects
Give it time

7Bartman

WKR
Give it time
There have been tens of millions dosed with both mRNA vaccines at this point. What exactly are we waiting for? If your logic is sound you should be equally afraid of the mRNA of the Corona virus and it's long term sequelae (which are well documented). I don't understand the cognitive dissonance when it comes to this. We're getting herd immunity one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.