Recent fire in your Honey hole????

So your on a 9 year plan to hunt elk in your home state and your plan A B C D areas in your unit have a moderate intensity fire go through in August 2020, you have spent 6 years hunting and scouting your areas and feel like you have good solid plans. you are assured to draw a tag for this area in 2021 what is going through your mind? Who has had fire in their hunt spots the t=year before a hunt and what did you see happen?
I plan to get in and scout soon to see what the ground is looking like and it seems like a good thing for the area but until I can lay eyes on it who knows for sure.

So your on a 9 year plan to hunt elk in your home state and your plan A B C D areas in your unit have a moderate intensity fire go through in August 2020, you have spent 6 years hunting and scouting your areas and feel like you have good solid plans. you are assured to draw a tag for this area in 2021 what is going through your mind? Who has had fire in their hunt spots the t=year before a hunt and what did you see happen?
I plan to get in and scout soon to see what the ground is looking like and it seems like a good thing for the area but until I can lay eyes on it who knows for sure.
There was a fire or 2 a year or 2 ago in the unit I should have drawn this year and hopeful to draw next year. I’ll be hunting the other side of the unit from where it burned. 🏹🏹🏹

Last edited:
Hunt it.
If it was moderate and not crazy intense there will be excellent growth next year.
Also it shouldn't burn next year so no worries about getting keep out due to closures.

Sled

WKR
my initial though is that a round of antibiotics might clear that up for you. as i read further it seems you have a different question.

i'd hunt the fringe areas of the burn. use the same ideas of finding good feed, bedding and water. just think of it as either congregating the animals or making them easier to spot if they are in the regenerating burn area.

Wrench

WKR
Think food, water cover and escapement. If it exists AND the fire didn't smoke all the critters, you should be better than ever.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04