Recent reports for Kyrgyzstan?

Anyone recently hunt Kyrgyzstan in the past few years? Look like most reports are older. It is looking more and more like my trip for Tahr and Red stag in New Zealand won't be happenibg next year due to closures. I am looking at Kairat of Arpa-marco polo LTD . I know some guys who have hunted with him in 2015 and again in 2016 for ibex. Just looking for any new reports.
Thanks
Nick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
What is the primary species you are after? Sheep, ibex or a combo? I have hunted that country three times for both species and have been through the good and the bad outfitters. I currently work with an outfitter in Kyrgyzstan who I feel offers the best hunt in the country. Success rates have been 100% and our concession isn't hunted by any other outfitter or company. PM me if interested.

OP
Nickziegler
What is the primary species you are after? Sheep, ibex or a combo? I have hunted that country three times for both species and have been through the good and the bad outfitters. I currently work with an outfitter in Kyrgyzstan who I feel offers the best hunt in the country. Success rates have been 100% and our concession isn't hunted by any other outfitter or company. PM me if interested.
Pm sent

TX_Diver

WKR
No experience to help you with, but please post a report afterwards!!! I had the NM ibex tag and have been fascinated with them and all those exotic species since.

What part of WI you from btw? I'm in Southern/Central WI.

Cheers

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
Going next year with Bryan Martin, I’ve been in contact with him no issues raised yet. They are open this year from my understanding

OP
Nickziegler
No experience to help you with, but please post a report afterwards!!! I had the NM ibex tag and have been fascinated with them and all those exotic species since.

What part of WI you from btw? I'm in Southern/Central WI.

Cheers
Will do! I'm on the NE side of lake Winnebago
Nick

CLP

FNG
I traveled to Kyrgyzstan in August of 2018 for an ibex hunt. It was one heck of an adventure. Very well organized. Booked my hunt with Profihunt and couldn’t have been happier.

OP
Nickziegler
I traveled to Kyrgyzstan in August of 2018 for an ibex hunt. It was one heck of an adventure. Very well organized. Booked my hunt with Profihunt and couldn’t have been happier.
How was hide quality and overall hunt experience being an early season hunt compared to later. I am looking at early October but it may have to be earlier.
Thanks
Nick

If anyone is going with Bryan Martin you better INSIST you take your trophy home with you, otherwise you probably won't ever see them again. It's been two+ years and Bryan won't return any calls or emails. The outfitter says Bryan owns him money and won't send trophies until he is paid. PM me for info.

CLP

FNG
It was definately a different experience from what I’ve been told the November hunts are like. We hunted up around 13k to 14k so it was still cold and some snow up high. I think earlier is better in some ways because the long trip from Bishkek to the hunting area was less painful due to weather.
The coats are excellent that time of year but not thick and wooly like later in the fall. I’ve attached a field photo and mounted to try and give some perspective on what that time of year looks like.

I’m headed back this November barring any COVID related issues so I’ll be able to compare the timeframes a little better.

Attachments

• 2AECEF2F-5701-4BB0-A202-EAA3FC26581D.jpeg
    2AECEF2F-5701-4BB0-A202-EAA3FC26581D.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 110
  • EEF24DF0-A1A5-4386-81A5-B5756C14EF40.jpeg
    EEF24DF0-A1A5-4386-81A5-B5756C14EF40.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 107

idig4au

WKR

Profihunt…glad you had a good experience with them and to learn they are capable of organizing a hunting program. I booked with them for turs in Russia a few years back and had a less than stellar experience with them. First and last time using them as far superior booking agents out there.

OP
Nickziegler
It was definately a different experience from what I’ve been told the November hunts are like. We hunted up around 13k to 14k so it was still cold and some snow up high. I think earlier is better in some ways because the long trip from Bishkek to the hunting area was less painful due to weather.
The coats are excellent that time of year but not thick and wooly like later in the fall. I’ve attached a field photo and mounted to try and give some perspective on what that time of year looks like.

I’m headed back this November barring any COVID related issues so I’ll be able to compare the timeframes a little better.
Beautiful mount there and great Ibex congrats!