Recent Ruger m77 hawkeye accuracy reviews?

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Ive heard they've gotten better in recent years from the factory and was curious if anyone on the forum had some experience. Im looking at picking up the long range hunter in 6.5 creedmore. It as a cold hammer forged, free floating, 5r rifled barrel.

I have a FTW in 6.5 CM, easy < 1 MOA with factory loads (doesn’t shoot Winchester or Remington rounds for a damn tho). It’s a fine rifle in my opinion, though probably still not rich enough for Roksliders.

I just picked one up, haven't fired it yet. It's in transit back to me from having the barrel fluted and threaded. (6.5cm stnlss 28" hvy bbl)I'll post my results when I put it back together. My initial thoughts are the finish work after casting is sofa horrible they should be ashamed to sell these for $1k+. Roughest bolt action I have ever touched, like sliding a cinder block across asphalt. A few hours with Flitz and a dremel polishing pads, then jewelled the bolt. The action will need polished as well.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Did some work on one for a friend. It was a 300 Win Mag with a factory small contour 24" stainless barrel. It was not bedded and he thought he'd like a bed job. I also polished the trigger contact areas and installed a lighter spring which gave it a very nice 2.5 to 3lb break.
He brought me his choice of factory ammo and I shot it before and after bed job for comparison. I bedded the receiver, recoil lug and about 3" in front of lug. Rifle shot no better than before bed job (roughly 2 MOA.) I removed bedding under chamber as a test and it still did not improve. Tried a couple different factory ammo options but it did not improve.
I didn't waste any more time on it as we traded some work and I had way too much time into the project. Overall i was not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsdavis6

Lil-Rokslider
Ive heard they've gotten better in recent years from the factory and was curious if anyone on the forum had some experience. Im looking at picking up the long range hunter in 6.5 creedmore. It as a cold hammer forged, free floating, 5r rifled barrel.
I think it’s a great gun and caliber