Rechargeable headlamp

Black Diamond Revolt has worked well for me. That is my first headlamp with the locking feature (so it doesn't accidentally turn on), which is really nice. The Revolt can also run on disposable batteries if the rechargeable batteries die.

I have two. Been using the BD Revolt for 3-4 years when I switched everything over to rechargeable. This past winter I got a Fenix but can’t remember the model. It was in a review comparison on here and performed well. My only complaint with the Revolt is the center of the beam is a weird shaded yellow and different than the rest. Not that big of a deal but you notice it working on animals at night and in the tent or doing anything up close. Mine is still going strong on the original batteries.

For the last few years I've been running a Petzl Actik Core...it has three different brightness settings as well as a red setting which you can use when hiking to a spot in the morning. I really like it. It has a rechargeable battery and is also compatible with three AAA batteries if you are in the backcountry and battery runs out. It works great for me and I can get a tremendous amount of use off of the rechargeable battery. Ive had the rechargeable battery last 5 days in the backcountry using it fairly heavily. I was very surprised at how long it lasts. You can also recharge off of a portable charger (at almost zero weight penalty if youre already bringing in some type of charger or you can substitute in the aaa batteries if youre going that route). Would definitely recommend but is not in the lightweight category of headlamps. I wouldnt consider it "heavy" though either.

As far as the lightweight category goes, I know several people that run a Petzl e+lite and are very happy with it. Plenty bright for camp and cutting up an animal but not rechargeable. At the price, its almost worth just carrying as backup. Just my two cents

Randle

WKR
BD revolt. I have 1 for work and have used everyday for 4 years. it also uses 3 AAA batteries.
I will definitely buy another.

Diesel

WKR
I went with a Fenix and love it . My wife liked it so much, I bought her one too. We live off grid and use our lights every day. I would not say they are light weight but not heavy either. Highly recommend them.

Mosby

WKR
I got 2 Bushnell rechargable headlamps from Samsclub for $20 to keep in my car and truck. They work great.

Anozira

WKR
I have been using the new rechargeable Streamlight Bandit Pro since they increased the battery life quite a bit over the normal Bandit.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I used Black Diamond headlamps for years. The storm was one of the best on the market for a while back in 2014ish but I’ve had lots of quality issues since and I’m starting to look for a different brand.

Going to give Fenix a try I think.

Anyone tried the Olight brand headlamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with a Fenix and love it . My wife liked it so much, I bought her one too. We live off grid and use our lights every day. I would not say they are light weight but not heavy either. Highly recommend them.
What model of fenix headlamp did you go with Diesel? Been looking at them myself, after having several of their other lights.
Really rate the flashlights, so keen for opinions on the headlamps.

Diesel

WKR
What model of fenix headlamp did you go with Diesel? Been looking at them myself, after having several of their other lights.
Really rate the flashlights, so keen for opinions on the headlamps.

I went with the HL60R USB. I like everything about. Different power levels, on/ off method, battery life. For those that count ozs, there are lighter units, but this fits our needs and is sturdy.

I would say zebra light with surefire 18650s or another battery that you can charge with a micro usb.

I went with the HL60R USB. I like everything about. Different power levels, on/ off method, battery life. For those that count ozs, there are lighter units, but this fits our needs and is sturdy.
Cheers mate, that's the exact one I was looking at. That or the HP25R, which seems a bit heavy.
How do you find the beam distance on your one?

In the past 9 months I've used a Petzl Actik Core and the BD Revolt. I hands down prefer the Petzl. Well except having to open it to recharge.