Rechargeable high lumin headlamps

I bought the 350 Black Diamond last year. It's a great light for about the first few minutes of new batteries then its about dead. I think it's just too much light for little AAA batteries.

I'm packing in a solar panel and a big power bank this year. So I'll have the ability to recharge batteries. So a headlamp that can be recharged would be a plus. But not a nessecity.

Looking for 500-1000 lumins with a bright red or green light.

Nitecore had one that can use SureFire batteries or a rechargeable. It's a 1000 lumin. But the red is only 11.

Kinda looking at the higher level Streamlights as well then use their filter kit.

The big Black Diamond is also on my list but it's a bit heavier than the Nitecore.

Any input?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a Coast FL75R it has that option of rechargeable batteries or disposable batteries. I seems sound but I wont have a solid review till bow season. I had a old Streamlight but it was large and heavy right when LEDs were getting started but a lot has changed since then.

BluMtn

WKR
I have the Armytek Wizard. Runs on 18560 batteries. I have been using mine for about five years now and really like it. I use it on the headband or most of the time I take it off the headband and put the pocket clip on it and attach it to my shoulder strap on my pack. I have three batteries for it and I have carried it during my Montana hunts in below zero weather for 7 to 8 days using just the one battery, but I have two spares just in case. The Armytek has adjustable luman output from .5 luman to 1200 luman. So you can adjust the light however you want.

Baron85

WKR
Second the fenix. My newest is the hm65r and it’s awesome!!!! Use it for my early morning hikes before the kids get up multiple times a week. Battery life has been great!

I have been running fenix lights both hand held and headlamps for the last 5+ years for work and for fun. I have had hand held flashlight go through the washing machine and dryer multiple times because I forgot to take them out of my pocket. I have yet to have one die or malfunction other than dead batteries.

OP
TradLife406
Go with Fenix HR60 and you will never want anything else
Is the Fenix and Nitecore the same brand or sister brands? They seem a lot alike.

I did order some USB rechargeable AAA batteries off Amazon last night for what I have. $25. It comes with four and a four way charge cord. Still lusting over a brighter light....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mtnkid85

WKR
It doesn't satisfy your multi color request but the Olight H2r is a bright 18650 lamp with onboard charging. Ive been running a few different Olights lately and really like the magnetic charging interface.

Zebra light or any of the lights that take the 18650. I’m using the streamlight battery that has the USB port for charging. Makes for easy charging in the field.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Got the nitecore hc65 today, just tried it out (I think that’s what your talking about) It’s pretty awesome. I wanted something for both decoy spreads in November and hikes in the dark in September and it will do both.. turbo mode is somewhere in the 75+ yard range of useable light. (Further than a duck decoy spread anyways) and the red light feature is 4ish yards. It’ll get you through obstacles but not un-lost if your looking for landmarks

I was sold on the Fenix till I watched a YouTube video and one of the comments said the Nitecore is lighter and last longer or something like that and the only down fall is the 5yr warranty vs the lifetime warranty of the Fenix...... but honestly I’m so sick of crap products warrantied for life, that - that means nothing to me anymore just give me quality to start with...

Tommy said it best when asked about guarantees -
“Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product”

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what it was I think the Nitecore was a little lighter and the Red LED is a touch brighter. And the battery that comes with it is a 3400mah.

And I don’t know if the Fenix does this BUT the Nitecore will tell you battery level guesstimation