Recoil! 300 RUM vs 300 Win - Equal??

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Are you going to build a single shot or run a wyatts? Or a CIP length mag? I can easily throw 20+ rounds a day out my RUM and not think twice about it. Of course I also have a good brake on it. My daughter shoots it as well and thinks it's about the same as her 300 winny
I haven't looked into the mag box too much yet. Dunno what the best option is. Would definitely like to avoid having to single feed it.

What kind of brake? Do you know the bullet, powder charge, and velocity? Rifle weight? :)

Thanks!

I have an APA Fat Bastard on both rifles. My RUM is ADG brass, 92 grain of IMR 8133, Berger 220 Lrht, federal 215 leaving a 26 inch 1:10 twist tube at 3100 fps. Her Winny is ADG brass, 77 grain H1000, Berger 208 LRHT, federal 215 leaving a 24 inch 1:9 twist tube at 2925 fps

I don't understand why you would load a rum down to wm velocity. All things being equal, sure probably similar recoil. But rums are capable of several hundred fps more velocity. Like if you load a 22-250 to 22 hornet velocity. Similar recoil I'm sure, but why?

I haven't looked into the mag box too much yet. Dunno what the best option is. Would definitely like to avoid having to single feed it.

What kind of brake? Do you know the bullet, powder charge, and velocity? Rifle weight? :)

Thanks!
These 245s are looong, I can't imagine you'd be able to mag feed them if they're throated out properly. Maybe with an action cut to 4" but I'd still be surprised, you'll have to seat a few in the rum case and see where that puts you.
For what it's worth I had a 300 Norma mag for awhile and compared to a 300 prc the blast was much worse.
I can't really describe it but the recoil didn't feel hard just fast and sharp, combined with the blast force I started getting really bad headaches after shooting it so I moved to the 30 Nosler and I'm much happier..
The brake was a Terminator T3

2531usmc

WKR
From thinking back to my early engineering classes, the only things that matter are the mass and recoil of rifle, bullet, and bullet velocity:

mass (rifle) x velocity (recoil) = mass (bullet) x velocity (bullet)

should be easy enough to calculate

mullmann

Lil-Rokslider
I will start by saying I am 155 lbs and have no problem handling the recoil of my rifles, whether shooting prone or from a bench. I have a 12.5LB 300RUM shooting 230 Berger’s at 3050FPS with a 3port brake that DE put on the rifle when they built it. I can shoot it and see hits on targets. I recently built a 9.5lb 300 Norma mag shooting 215 Bergers at 3015FPS. The Norma has a Rokslide TI pro 2 on it and I love it. The Norma has a little more recoil, but still not enough to bother me. I use to shoot 180 grain bullets from my .30-06 that weighs 9.5lbs and that rifles recoil was much worse then the other rifles i mentioned. The TI pro muzzle brakes are the way to go.