recommend a beginner elk call(s) for me

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
599C03E5-533F-4503-AB39-B5976FCBCD08.png
Rocky Mountain has this chart. I would start with one from each to see which one fits best. If I was going to pick one The Mellow Mama is mid profile and really easy to use. I don’t think you can go wrong trying that one.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a handful of diaphragms and figured out which one fit my mouth best and bought a few more of that one. Learned just watching YouTube videos and trying to practice it. Practice on my work commute to keep my wife from divorcing me. It wasn’t as hard to pick up as I thought it would be at first.
I got the Elknut app for this archery season and it’s worth it if for no other reason that all the info is there, quickly accessible, in one place rather than me scrolling around YouTube looking for stuff.

As a novice myself, I've had good luck with the Pretty Maiden, I find it quite a bit easier than a diaphragm. I've had some very experienced hunters ask about it and buy some after hearing me with and I'm still learning.

Never seen this design before, how did it hold up?

Falro

FNG
I would start with a primos cowgirl, it’s a simple cheap call but me and my family have killed and called in over 40 bull in Colorado otc with that call. It’s not load but great for close encounters. As far as diaphragms calls go a lighter latex is usually easier for a beginner to learn. I would suggest the pink amp, if you find you prefer using more air or the lighter beginner calls blow out on you try the red amp maverick which is my favorite right now. Don’t over think calls to much. It’s more about when you call and how then the exact call tone. Good luck 👍

I didn't read through this to see what others have recommended but if you plan to buy a bugle the Rocky Mountain Calls "Select a Bull Call". It's really easy to use. If used as directed the diaphragm in it should last a long time. However I feel I can used it better by pushing the plastic piece on the front that you are supposed to bite and blow directly on the diaphragm. You can do both cow and bull and they sound good. Another option is a small bugle tube that Primos makes which accordions open to make longer and don't sound bad but is not as loud and Authentic sounding but I don't think most elk care and it's easy to use as well and more compact.

8grenade

FNG
Rocky Mountain game calls work well for me. Easy to use and elk like them. Rocky invented the dome call. The Allstar is a good call and easy to blow. But everyone is different so try a few.