Recommend a pack

ttubudd

FNG
Looking for a good pack. I bowhunt and semi long distance rifle whitetail, mule deer, predators and hog hunt in North TX and West TX. A lot of my hunts I can drive in, but fairly regularly I am hiking a mile or more to get on ridges. Every few years I'll draw a public land archery hunt that is a 2-5 mile hike (or sometimes bike) in with a climber on my back.

Have been looking at Kifaru Stryker XL, but not sure if that will be overkill for my use. None of my hunts are overnight at this point but want to hunt elk and mulies out west in the next few years when my little ones get a little older.

My standard load for a typical west texas deer or hog hunt includes:
Rifle (would like a way to secure to pack)
Spotter and tripod
Bogpod deathgrip
binos, rangefinder, ammo, kill kit
water and maybe a few beers

Worth mentioning - I'm about 6'4" 295.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

ridgefire

WKR
I have a Kifaru Timberline 2 with a Guide lid, meat shelf, grab it and gun bearer and it would work great for what you are looking for. It has two slotted side pockets that you can put your tripod and spotter in and a water bladder pocket in the pack. It also has a couple small pockets on the back of the bag that can hold a water pump and food for easy access. The lid is big enough to stuff a jacket, headlamp and other misc. items in it for easy access. Small enough for a day pack but big enough for a week if needed. I have never thought that I wish my pack was smaller for a do-all pack. I have always put the meat in the bag so I have never used the meat shelf but it's there if I ever need the extra room in my bag.

Northpark

WKR
I enjoy my kuiu pack. I like the ability to switch out bags easily. Other companies offer the option to switch out bags as well I just don’t have experience with others.