Recommend a warm, quiet outer layer jacket for bow hunting.

MCR

FNG
I am looking for a warm and quiet outer layer jacket that is not too heavy because at times I am on backpack hunts. All my puffy jackets are too loud and a couple warm jackets that are quiet are really heavy. Thanks

Sitka traverse zip t or hoody are fairly quiet npbut less rain resistant. Stratus jacket is very quiet.

Jimss

WKR
I have a SItka fanatic vest. It would likely be a good option for bowhunting....less chance for your string whacking a bulky jacket arm? The Fanatic is polarfleece material so super quiet. If it's cold you can always wear a base layer and thick shirt or light jacket underneath the vest.

The new fanatic jackets are made with one sleeve (your shooting arm) with a more streamlined smooth inner arm, to prevent the string from whacking your forearm.

I would build a good layering system versus buying a super warm out layer. It will be more versatile and all of the hunting specific warmer pieces are overpriced for the materials they use.

OP
M

MCR

FNG
Thanks for the replies. I think I should have been more specific in my original post. I have a good layering system but I just need a better outer layer that is quiet. It seems most quiet outer layers are made for the whitetail community that stand hunt and the jackets are really heavy. I have a lot of Kuiu and first lite next to skin and mid layer wool and synthetic, Kuiu peloton 240 hoody. Fleece and down vests, Kuiu Kenai jacket and various down puffy jackets. I am just looking for a warm and quiet outer layer for bowhunting in December and January that is quiet and warm and not heavy because I backpack and spend several days on the mountain and sometimes pack in and sit a waterhole and camp nearby for several days. I have a lot of weight coming out with my backpacking gear and boned out deer and just looking to keep things as light as possible. And I will add living in Arizona I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather. It can be in the 20's and 30's with high winds where I hunt and that may not be cold to most of you but when you are used to temps in the 100-115 in the summer it feels cold sitting and glassing for hours or in the ground blind from sunrise to dark. Thanks

kiddogy

WKR
I bought the kryptek cadog jacket last spring and love it. haven't been in any torrential downpours yet . but have been out on some pretty wet days and it has kept me dry and warm so far

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the First Lite Catalyst. I’m wearing it over a tshirt right for my daily wear (got it in green). Ambient temperatures are 30-40s with lots of wind.

JeremiahH

WKR
Wondering about this and the Kryptek Vellus if anyone can attest to one?
They offer it in wraith too which I'm a fan of in the late archery season.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk