Recommend a warm, quiet outer layer jacket for bow hunting.

2Shea

FNG
Sitka stratus with layer underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeathH

FNG
I’ve had good luck with the FL Sawtooth with a layer underneath. Zipped up hood acts good as a face cover as well.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe look at a Swazi Nahanni? I am thinking of picking one up for bowhunting late season. Bulky for sure, but quite and warm. I backpack as well, and I would take the weight penalty and just take it considering it's versatility.

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
Never heard of Swazi before, but the piece looks cool.

I use and recommend the Fjallraven Greenland jacket. It's not super lightweight but very durable, quiet, and warm. Pockets have webbing for rifle cases and shotgun shells, so it's obviously designed with hunters in mind. On hunts that I know I'm wearing a coat, I'd take it over a puffy any day. Looks good for everyday use too!

slatty

WKR
Black diamond first lite is quite quiet, it has a really matte outer layer. It's a thin puffy though so may not meet your warmth needs.

Trial153

WKR
Jetstream jacket, I have bowhunted from the sub artic to Mexico in it and it plenty quite enough. It warm for its weight, has wind stopper and I great outer shell with layers and comfortable enough to just wear with a baselayer.

BluMtn

WKR
Wondering about this and the Kryptek Vellus if anyone can attest to one?
They offer it in wraith too which I'm a fan of in the late archery season.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

The Vellus is my cold weather coat until it gets to about zero. Then I have a Cabelas Whitetail 050 that I wear. The thing I like about the Vellus is if I start to get warm I can open the pit vents and regulate my temp and it is quite going through the brush.

JeremiahH

WKR
The Vellus is my cold weather coat until it gets to about zero. Then I have a Cabelas Whitetail 050 that I wear. The thing I like about the Vellus is if I start to get warm I can open the pit vents and regulate my temp and it is quite going through the brush.
Thanks for the info.
Think I'm leaning that way.

JeremiahH

WKR
I received my Vellus size Large a bit ago and this will quickly climb the ladder in my use. This thing is awesome. The soft quiet fleece outer shell is really nice and well designed. Lightweight 3m thinsulate insulation. Very good warmth to weight ratio. Pit zips for venting and quick cooling when hiking.
My L vellus is 34.5 ounces
My XL Dalibor soft shell is 27 ounces
My L kifaru LPP is 24 ounces.
So considering the features , weight , and versatility of the Vellus, its hard to beat it for what it is.

MrRogers

FNG
FL Catalyst, I bought the whitetail version for deer hunting and it's great. I'd say 45-55f is the sweet spot as far as temperature goes, but you can go into the 30s with the right layering.

Kuiu Kenai and the Patagonia Nano-Air are pretty much the same jacket. Both use the Toray 3Defx / Toray FullRange insulation (same thing), and have that quiet shell. I wouldn't say it's super warm, it's meant to be an active insulation piece. I've had the Patagonia for 5+ years and man I love that jacket. Pair with a heavier mid-layer and you can stand some lower temps.

Drake non typical silencer series! The regular full zip for less bulk, or the stand hunter silencer jacket for added features and extra warmth from the hood, built in face mask etc.