Recommend an Archery Hunt for Dec or Jan?

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I have some free time, would love to archery hunt some deer or anything else great for the freezer in December or January...

Looking for guided hunts where I can potentially learn a lot as I'm a newer hunter...

Based in CA, happy to fly/travel anywhere that I can book a package...will be traveling solo or bringing the missus (who loves glassing!).

Thanks!!!

Jmeicke

FNG
My favorite place on earth to hunt deer is unit 33 Arizona. I have a really hard time recommending it to a new hunter though because it’s probably one of the toughest archery deer hunts I know of and I’m not aware of any outfitters. I think you would find the most luck looking for outfitters in states with less wide open country further east from there where the shots will be closer and you can set up in a blind or stand rather than spot and stalk. Texas I know has countless options for guided hunts and would probably be my first choice.

Fitzwho

WKR
Arizona Archery Deer is open to about half the state or more, is OTC, and close to you.

Or find a private land outfitter in New Mexico for archery deer as well. New Mexico Hunting Adventures would be one. Haven’t personally hunted with them, but talk hunting with one of their guides here and there.

You can come to Texas and hunt anything from Whitetails to Wildebeest. For the most part you will likely have more opportunity to kill something in Texas vs the other two states above and likely get to process an animal, but you will probably learn more about hunting elsewhere.