Recommend arrow weight and setup.

Kai Truax

WKR
So I’ve been shooting trad for about 3 months. And recently switched to #40 limbs I have a 25” draw. I’m shooting a beman center shot 600 spine with a 150 grain point, 19 grain insert, aae trad vanes and my arrow length is 30”. Which is around 420 ish grains. My spine is currently too weak and my arrows are hitting left by quite a bit. My point on distance is 25-24 yards. Also I am still growing so my draw length and poundage will be changing constantly. My first question is what weight should my arrow be for this setup. Second question should I just stick to this arrow setup and keep cutting my arrow down and adding taking away weight when my draw length and poundage changes? I think that’s it thanks for answering.

oldgoat

WKR
You could build out the strike plate for now, go to Wally World and look for the round pads that you stick on the bottom of furniture legs, cut it in half and stick it on the vertical part of the shelf, might straighten up your arrow flight a bit. The deeper a shelf is cut, the stiffer an arrow a particular bow will need. As far as arrow weight, what are you hunting, I'd say you are fine for deer assuming you aren't trying to use some short squat little broadhead designed for compounds and you aren't shooting too far. 10gpp is a general rule of thumb that doesn't make your bow to slow or too loud

If you are right handed, and arrows are hitting to the left, that would be a stiff arrow. Hitting right would be weak. But that is with a bare shaft. If you are hitting left with fletched arrows that could be due to cant of the bow, form stuff, among other things. Lots more people on here they know more about it than me.

like stated, 10gpp is a great starting point. Especially for light draw. Is it 40lb at your draw, or is it 40lb at 28” draw? Having your point on in that range is awesome for hunting distances... I wish mine was a tad closer personally.

OP
Kai Truax

Kai Truax

WKR
Sorry forgot to say I’m left handed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kai Truax

Kai Truax

WKR
And I already have a striker plate on it.

oldgoat

WKR
And I already have a striker plate on it.

But how thick is it? Building it out thicker will allow you to use a weaker spine arrow and velcro really isn't that thick as far as the arrow is concerned.