Recommend boot with soft heal

archp625

WKR
I bought a pair of Crispi Summits. The heals are incredibly stiff compared to the Danner Pronghorns I used to wear. So much so I’m almost thinking is caused me acute bursitis in my right heal. When I wear my pronghorns I don’t notice it at all. I know people say they are crap for out west, so what’s a boot that has the comfort as a danner pronghorn.

xcutter

WKR
Honestly if the Pronghorns work for your feet I would stick with them. Just because some people say they are crap doesn't mean they are for you. I've had a lot of trouble with my feet with heel blisters and if those boots would of worked for me I would of stuck with them. Just my .02.

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Honestly if the Pronghorns work for your feet I would stick with them. Just because some people say they are crap doesn't mean they are for you. I've had a lot of trouble with my feet with heel blisters and if those boots would of worked for me I would of stuck with them. Just my .02.
Point taken. I guess I was trying to like what the industry told me to like. A buddy of mine has a different pair of Crispis and he dislikes them as well.

Danners fit my heels better than uber stiff high end boots. And they are still able to hump a heavy load.
image.jpg
Don’t know why but why fight it if it works for you.

And I’ve worn them at 12.000 * feet in bite ass cold weather. Now granted after an hour you may be ready to move on down the ridge if it’s below 10 degrees. 😬😜