Recommend Closed Cell Pad

tracker12

WKR
I am looking at hunting from a base camp this year on my elk hunt. I am planning on a few one night bivy days during my 13 day hunt. Looking for a mattress pad that is non blow up. What has worked for you?

There are some cheaper foam pads some fabric covered on Amazon and eBay. Also can cut up one of those mattress toppers everyone seems to try from Costco etc.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I am a fan of CCF pads. What season are you going? Archery or 1st Rifle you may get away with less than you would need for 2nd season or later. Ridgerest SOLite has been my favorite for a couple years. The Z Lite felt just a bit thinner to me. Nemo switchback will be the next one I try.

I haven’t used the Exped mentioned above, but the R value is 1.5 compared to the R value of 2 for the Thermarest and Nemo CCF pads.
Exped does make a Flexmat Plus though. It’s a couple ounces heavier and a bigger packed size, but if you are regularly sleeping on it in freezing temps the thicker pad may be worth it. I’ve used the Ridgerest down to 15 degrees, can’t say it was warm enough to be comfortable, but I could survive a couple nights of that if I had to. I also had a warm sleeping bag and wore a few layers.

*zap*

WKR
I want 25" wide, ridgerest classic(r-2) or exped makes 2 models one is 25" and R2.2.

ridgerest rolls up and exped folds up.