Recommend me a belt

whaack

WKR
What belt are you guys using these days for backpack hunting?

I've used a few different Sitka belts and honestly haven't been super impressed.

My requirements are: low profile, synthetic, some stretch would be ideal. The belt cannot slip which was my main complaint with Sitka. So what you guys using these days?

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, I can't wear a belt with a pack for whatever reason. I just buy pants that fit without needing an external belt. The wrangler outdoor pants with the stretch waist are great and the prana zions with the built in adjustment deal work perfectly for me. I keep my handgun and all my other crap in my HPG chest pack so I don't need much support.

So I forgot my belt a couple trips ago. I stopped at the hardware store in a small town and grabbed one if the cheap little 3/4" sleeping bag straps. Worked like a charm.

The first lite belt does well but does occasionally slip if not under tension, maybe will get better as it wears. As others mentioned, if you dont need it stiff, webbing and a plastic clip buckle always works well. I used this for years, got the FL belt before last season.
This intrigues me, the price does not:

ODB

WKR
The first lite stretchy is comfortable but does slip a little. The kuiu does not.

I always hated wearing a belt with a pack so I went the suspender route and have been happy.
Have been a suspenders guy for years but may dabble in the belt realm, Marsupial to be specific. Has been nice for everyday wear so far.
Do you have a preferred suspender you'd recommend? I have an old Cabela's set that requires buttons sewed on the pants, so curious what others use without the buttons.

CorbLand

WKR
Have been a suspenders guy for years but may dabble in the belt realm, Marsupial to be specific. Has been nice for everyday wear so far.
Do you have a preferred suspender you'd recommend? I have an old Cabela's set that requires buttons sewed on the pants, so curious what others use without the buttons.
I use the Stika ones but they are designed to work with Sitka pants so it seemed logical to go that route. My only complaint with them is the grippy stuff they put on them. Its nice to have but I would prefer that the suspenders move and not pull my shirt when they need to slip.

I wear Bison belts every day for work (outside, labor intensive) and hunting. Have worn bison belts almost everytime I've packed an animal in the last 10yrs. Get years out of one.... usually takes 3+yrs to start slipping, fraying, etc.... economical and USA made. Low profile. Also carry a firearm on one whenever I leave the house.

Finch

WKR
I did love the Eddie Bauer genius belt until I bought the Marsupial Gear belt. Made the mistake of wearing a leather belt as I was training for a backpack hunt and it curled where the pack contacted the belt on my back. Never could get the curl out and it hurt after a while. I don't even notice the marsupial belt with a pack.

mproberts

WKR
www.emdomusa.com

Emdom/MM Adam Belt - Emdom USA Tactical Gear

Emdom/MM Adam Belt is hands down the best minimalist belt I have ever used and I own or have owned the KUIU, FL, Sitka and Marsupial belts among others. It works excellent under a pack hip belt and a part of the proceeds go to the creator's widow.

https://specops.us/belts.html (better bdu belt)
Once they are worn in they are excellent. Very similar to others webbing belts on the market, but I can vouch this will last forever. I have been running one almost daily for over a decade now. The only thing I have noticed is that it has shrunk about an inch over that time period (no idea how that is possible though). I also like the plastic buckle better than metal, it doesn't make noise and doesn't rub on the edges like the metal can.

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Grip6. Low profile, light weight, synthetic, will not slip. Not stretchy, but infinitely adjustable.
i use grip6 for hiking and stuff. i find it problematic when i am carrying iwb/owb. personally no matter what i do, when i draw the gun the belt doesn't feel stable and pulls up the whole pants. once i added ulticlip to my holsters it feels better.

Geewhiz

WKR
The first lite belt does well but does occasionally slip if not under tension, maybe will get better as it wears. As others mentioned, if you dont need it stiff, webbing and a plastic clip buckle always works well. I used this for years, got the FL belt before last season.
This intrigues me, the price does not:
Sounds like a great way to cut your wiener off with a knife sharpener on your belt buckle. Shoulda thought that one through lol

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
Marsupial for me. Struggled with pinching before, now I don't notice it.