Recommend me a boot

Rymanco

WKR
I’m prolly beating a dead horse here but I have tried doing a little searching and not really finding much.

I’m looking for a boot For hunting. Prefer waterproof. I will be wearing them in treestand, saddle platform, ground hunting, shed hunting, scouting. I could walk a mile deep into public or a few hundred yards depending where I find sign. I can adjust socks and use boot blankets for extreme cold weather. I have used lacrosse knee high boots and tried some danner vitals and they were not waterproof like that were supposed to be. I guess I’m looking for a good all around hunting boot that is waterproof. I have been looking at crispi but there are just so many boots out there and I end up overwhelmed

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Btw I am not interested in muck/rubber/knee high boots

Whites Outdoorsman boots with the Montana Claw lug sole. I got the uninsulated ones as my feet tend to run warm. I wear a nice pair of wool socks in them and my feet stay warm and dry even in snowy and cold conditions. Best boots I have ever had. They are made in Spokane Washington.

Not finding much on boot options?!?
On this site that's like saying you can't find a picture of dead animal.

All the big popular brands make a gore-tex boot ranging from moderate stiff to very stiff.
Lowa, Crispi, Asolo, Salomon are all options that are worth considering.

I tired on about 8 boots before finding the fit I liked.
-Asolo Flame GTX. I find them to be moderately stiff after a good 30 mile break-in.

I'd also check into the Crispi Thor.

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Not finding much on boot options?!?
On this site that's like saying you can't find a picture of dead animal.

All the big popular brands make a gore-tex boot ranging from moderate stiff to very stiff.
Lowa, Crispi, Asolo, Salomon are all options that are worth considering.

I tired on about 8 boots before finding the fit I liked.
-Asolo Flame GTX. I find them to be moderately stiff after a good 30 mile break-in.

I'd also check into the Crispi Thor.

All I see for recommendations is brands. I’m looking for a boot that will be good for the things I mentioned above.

All I see for recommendations is brands. I’m looking for a boot that will be good for the things I mentioned above.

Do you want soft or extra extra stiff? Do you have high/mid/low arches? Do you like mid height or taller boots? What's your budget? Heavy loads or light to moderate?

You see how quickly it can become difficult to recommend and exact model.

I suggested Asolo Flame and Crispi Thor. Those are both moderate stiff boots (middlish of the road).
You could also check out Asolo Neutron (very similar to the Flame). Bottom line is you're going to have to order some boots and try them in mock scenarios to see what you're really looking for.

Just saying you need a hunting boot for basically walking into the woods to saddle hunt, doesn't give people much to go on.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can recommend a boot but as noted we need a little more info🤓 the two that would appear to fit your needs both having stiff soles and will keep your feet dry in most conditions would be the Hoffman explorer and the crispi nevada. The Crispi from my experience a little more waterproof and is low cut. The Hoffman is a taller boot and from experience with both to date a little more durable. Both provide ample room in the toe boxes good ankle support for side hilling and have required little to no breakin for me. both come with 200 gram insulation. Boots are so individual you need to try some on.

GregB

WKR
I can recommend a boot but as noted we need a little more info🤓 the two that would appear to fit your needs both having stiff soles and will keep your feet dry in most conditions would be the Hoffman explorer and the crispi nevada. The Crispi from my experience a little more waterproof and is low cut. The Hoffman is a taller boot and from experience with both to date a little more durable. Both provide ample room in the toe boxes good ankle support for side hilling and have required little to no breakin for me. both come with 200 gram insulation. Boots are so individual you need to try some on.
This is the best advice, try a bunch on and see what fits, that will really narrow the list of options. I decided to get away from goretex and am using a leather lined boot. Once I seam seal the stitches and treat it it should work just as good but without the gortex going bad after 2 or 3 years.

Mosby

WKR
I have a pair of Lowa Tibet's with 200 grams of thinsulate that I have worn in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, PA and mid west states in between the last few years. They have gore tex and have never leaked. They fit my feet and are the best all around boot for me that I could find.
I also have and like Zamberlain's with around 500 gr of thinsulate(a bit softer imo than the Lowa's) and Schnee's Elk Hunter II. I would recommend any of them but for an all around boot it is difficult to beat the Lowa's for me. I would try a lot of boots on before you buy, if possible. Everybody's foot is different but buy the best you can afford.

Honyock

WKR
Buy the best boots you can afford that fit your feet (I wish someone would have told me this 30 years ago). I run Crispi Nevada and my feet love them but you need to find what fits your feet. The best boots you can buy do you know good if they don’t fit. Try on several brands and go from there.