Recommend me a spotting scope

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not aging sheep or trying to count inches so no need for alpha glass but I would like to be able to pick up more animals and get an accurate assessment of a deer’s frame. I don’t have a ton of extra pack space on my trips and would like to keep weight down as much as possible. Have kinda been considering a Leupold gold ring HD but not really sure. Am I on the right track or should I be looking at something else?

antlerz

Lil-Rokslider
I use the 554 when doing the longer trips and it gets the job done. ATS65 off the valley floor covers everything else but there is a weight and size penalty.

Check out the small Maven, I think it's the S2. I don't have one but I do have the full size one and am very happy with it. Use their demo program and try it before you buy it..

ZackP

WKR
I can’t recommend the ATS 65 HD enough. Depending on budget of course.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
look through the cabelas krotos. excellent glass at budget price.
The krotos is on closeout right now I think (price ends with .88). I've heard that it's almost identical to the athlon 14-45x65 and the maven cs1. I have the maven and it is great. All 3 would be perfect for what you want if you don't want to drop the money on the kowa