Recommend Me a Used Bow

I’ve been shooting an old (2008.5) elite z28 and am looking at upgrading it to something more recent but I’ve been out of the game for a while so hoping for some help recommending a used bow. My budget is in the $500 range and main things that are important to me is smooth draw and ease of tune/easy to work on. Draw length specific cams don’t bother me (that’s what my current bow is). It would be nice to get one with a transferable warranty (I think prime may do this?) but not a dealbreaker if not.

What are some good ones to look at? I’m thinking I’d like to get a flagship within the last 3-4 years but don’t really even know where to start and where the technology has gone since I last bought a bow

Prime centergy. Can still find new for about $500. It’s a great bow for that money. I have been shooting one for 3 years. Usually tunes 1/8” nock high.

I’ve been shooting an old (2008.5) elite z28 and am looking at upgrading it to something more recent but I’ve been out of the game for a while so hoping for some help recommending a used bow. My budget is in the $500 range and main things that are important to me is smooth draw and ease of tune/easy to work on. Draw length specific cams don’t bother me (that’s what my current bow is). It would be nice to get one with a transferable warranty (I think prime may do this?) but not a dealbreaker if not.

What are some good ones to look at? I’m thinking I’d like to get a flagship within the last 3-4 years but don’t really even know where to start and where the technology has gone since I last bought a bow

Attachments

• BC3597E8-ED31-4C18-81CF-D4D65214BE06.png
    BC3597E8-ED31-4C18-81CF-D4D65214BE06.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 41

Vandy321

WKR
maybe a Matthew's Vertex/Triax would be around that $500/used mark. Those Matthew's models are just prior to the VXR. Think 2018/2019 models.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
Find another Elite. I picked up a Impulse for $200 last year. Elite has a let off that's made for hunting.

OP
G
Find another Elite. I picked up a Impulse for $200 last year. Elite has a let off that's made for hunting.
I’ll be honest, my buddy had a bad customer service experience with elite that has really turned me off from buying another. His local dealer was helping him deal with it and told him that since elite was purchased a few years back it’s customer service has really gone downhill

I have a 2021 Elite Enkore 60#, draw length adjustable, green riser, black limbs, that has only been shot for a couple months for sale. $750 shipped.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Another vote for Triax or vertix. triaxs are about 550-650, vertixs 650-700. Sometimes u can get one cheaper on at or eBay but I was watching all spring before getting my vertix. If you are active in the classifieds a sneaky way to get a deal is find one loaded with premium accessories and then part it out and reconfigure it how you want to. I got a loaded vertix for 980 shipped with about 6-700$ (brand new price) worth of accessories (flat line stab, web quiver, fast eddie sight, qad hdx etc), gonna pay for my new strings and still got a killer bare price

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Triax is definitely not $700 bare used. I sold one this year and I got $575 Shipped after holding onto it for a while fishing for a higher price. And that was with a custom grip, good strings, great shape.

OP - Prime Centergy or Centergy Hybrid are great bows. Sometimes they tune a little funky, but they shoot.

A little more expensive - Hoyt RX1 / RX1 Ultra.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Sure, If you want to over pay it is. I bought mine for $700 two winters ago. Who in their right mind would pay $700 today for a 2018 bare bow?
You got a good deal! I bought my triax a few months ago for 670. Ended up being over 700 with tax and shipping. If you look on eBay, ball park is 700.

OP
G
Does brand play a part in what you’re looking for?
Not really other than as I stated above that I’m steering away from another elite given the CS issues my buddy had with them. Since I haven’t been keeping up with the new offerings just wanted to get a sense of where the best technology has come through in recent years

To all the replies so far thanks I appreciate it

Vandy321

WKR
You got a good deal! I bought my triax a few months ago for 670. Ended up being over 700 with tax and shipping. If you look on eBay, ball park is 700.
I took advantage of the post-season / before Christmas mass sell-off of bows before the new models release. Still think one can be had for 550 or so if patient on rokslide classifieds

i'm a huge fan of the evolve cam, but it's hard for me not to vote for a used realm x.... that was maybe the most well received bow by the masses i have seen in recent history, and just an all around solid option.

i had a triax when they first came out, and killed a bull with it, but that was maybe my least favorite hunting bow i have owned. if i didn't have to walk far and sat in a treestand all season, i would have liked it, but what i do, i didn't

Marble

WKR

Go to your local bow shop and see what they have. The shop I use had several used bows on consignment and they sell all of the time.

When you get your bow from places like that, they end taking care of their customer. Atleast mine does.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a longer draw length I would be hesitant to suggest a Triax or Vertix. Both are short ata and create a steep (too steep for me) string angle.