Recommend Me a Used Bow

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be honest, my buddy had a bad customer service experience with elite that has really turned me off from buying another. His local dealer was helping him deal with it and told him that since elite was purchased a few years back it’s customer service has really gone downhill
Ok.. Regardless of bow manufacturer.. What kind of customer service do you think you'll need or get from a second hand bow purchase?

When I buy a used bow customer service is a non issue. I work and tune my bows.. If I need a part or different cam, I buy it.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Not really other than as I stated above that I’m steering away from another elite given the CS issues my buddy had with them. Since I haven’t been keeping up with the new offerings just wanted to get a sense of where the best technology has come through in recent years

To all the replies so far thanks I appreciate it
The z7 and z7 xtremes are awesome bows.

BTShooter

FNG
Keep an eye on the classifieds in the Archertalk forum. I've bought several bows through there for quite cheap. As far as which bow, that's a pretty subjective answer. I've shot a TON of bows over the years and came to a single conclusion: they're all really good, it's just a matter of which works best for you. Each riser/grip is slightly different, everyone's hands are slightly different, everyone's draw/hold is slightly different, etc. For these same reasons, bow shops cannot 100% tune your bow for you (regardless of what they say) because they don't shoot the exact same way you will. Go through a few used from archerytalk, see what you like and sell what you don't. It's a fun process.

A prime Black 3 or 5, PSE NXT 33, Bowtech Realm x or Revolt X, Mathews Traverse or VXR 31.5, hoyt axius. All solid bows with good specs, just be prepaired to ditch the stock mathews grip if you go that route.

I picked up a 2018 pse evolve 35 a couple months ago. I have loved it so far and would recommend it if you can find one
It can accommodate your draw length and I got mine under 500

What I tell everyone who asks me a similar question is this: go to your local shop, shoot all the major bow brands, and see which one feels best to you. They might even have a used bow on consignment there in the brand you like that you can inspect on the spot.

I know I don't like how Matthews shoot and I hate the feel of drawing a Prime, but that doesn't make them a lower tier bow, it's just not what feels good in my hand.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
You should have a good selection of bows on the used market if you watch the classifieds on AT. There are a lot of gear hounds that buy and sell the flagships bows every year or two and you can get a great deal on one. In fact, I scored a mint Halon 6 that way a few years ago. While I keep it as a back up, it is a great bow and though short for my tall frame, I shoot it well.

also this winter the new flagship models will be out for the major manufacturers and that means dealers will be clearing shelves of new old stock. That’s how I got my Traverse for a few hundred less than normal.

and above all. Shoot everything you can. Nothing worse than a bow that doesn’t work for you.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I think the deals you can get on last generation Prime bows right now online (eg. Hunthouse) are the best deals out there. That said, when I was looking for a new bow this year I just couldn't pull myself away from that Elite draw cycle and went with a Remedy. I have two Elite Pure bows just sitting in the garage now (one 70lb with black riser with Max1 limbs, one 65lb all realtree camo) if you're looking for gently used older model Elites. Lifetime Warranty goes with the bow regardless of owner on these 2012 models.

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m still shooting a 2011 Bowtech invasion cpx. I Haven’t found the need to upgrade yet. If you come across a used one try it out.

A prime Black 3 or 5, PSE NXT 33, Bowtech Realm x or Revolt X, Mathews Traverse or VXR 31.5, hoyt axius. All solid bows with good specs, just be prepaired to ditch the stock mathews grip if you go that route.
The entire Realm series turned out to be pretty special.

Something from PSE with the Evolve cam. Super smooth shooting bows.
I’ll second this. I picked up an Evolve 31 last year (3 yr old) for $350 bare. PSE’s don’t seem to be as common around my area, but they move cheap for good quality.